• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega day date - new purchase inc. pictures

tangle

5/8/09
UK
Just received my black dial Omega Day Date from PreciousTime
I think it is very good indeed, my only criticism would be the AR, it is quite reflective and very difficult to photograph. The stainless steel bracelet had a faulty clasp (difficult to release) so I will not use it, PT is likely to source me a leather strap and deployant in the new year. All the functions work, the day is corrected using the side button and changes automatically about 2AM, the month is adjustable from the crown by moving the day past 31 on the main dial. The GMT hand has a lumed centre which is a variation from the site photo and gen. The only other flaws I think are the 6 o’clock dial has incorrect hour markers at half way between 12,3,6,9 they should be hour markers so 2 marks between 12 and 3 etc, and the omega logo has happy feet. Having worn it on a strap for a week I think it works well on a strap. Chrono works fine and all dials reset nicely to 12 positions.
Currently on a 18mm strap but needs a 19mm to fit exactly
Images
omegadaydate1_2.jpg

omegadaydate2-1.jpg

The original day date
omegadaydate.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Very nice! I agree on the AR... If you can send it for double AR, it's a great mod that will make the watch look fantastic. I have always loved these reps. Very underrated but deserving of the 'super rep' tag in my book...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
send the watch to fine dd im Germany for AR.
just look at Pix review about the Ar

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Other than the AR, very nice watch. I miss Day Dates...I work at home, all these watches tell me the date but none tell me the day! WHAT DAY IS IT!?!?!?

That watch has some older-school class to it. Not as shiny as a PO but just timeless.

Nice snag.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Beautiful watch. It's on my must-have list. I've sourced one via Hont; I wonder why these aren't more popular?

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
i think its because of its relatively small size. 39mm or something isn't it? big watches are in nowadays...

tangle

5/8/09
UK
The size is 39mm and it wears about the same as my Rolex GMT 2c, on leather it feels compact and light.

omegawrist.jpg

dddmmm8

Looking Around
15/4/09
Tangle,

Cool watch!
Are you sure it's a 39mm case and not 40mm?
The gen used to be 39mm with an 18mm strap/bracelet until they started using the Chronometer Grade movement. Now the case is 40mm according to Omega, with a 19mm strap/bracelet.
I haven't had a chance to stop by an Omega AD to confirm that.

dddmmm8

mrblackface

Horology Curious
13/11/07
i recently purchased a gen day date (mine is an older, slightly different model with a different face, but same movement) and I have to tell you, your pics look pretty great when i compare it to the one sitting next to me.

congrats!

tangle

5/8/09
UK
thanks for the replies and the links to gens.

39 or 40mm I only measured across the bezel so it may be 40mm across the case. so 40mm with 19mm lugs would be correct.

the links to the gen do show it has the correct dial at 6 o'clock, so it is more perfect than I originally thought.

after owning it for a while, i have to say it is very nice indeed, just don't let it stop as it takes a lot of time to get all the complcations back into sync! It keeps good time and I have had no problems except for the strap, but I do think it is better on leather.

happy new year
tangle

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
nice watch mate and it looks good on leather .......stick a crocodile or alligator strap on it and it will be near purfect ................

tangle

5/8/09
UK
Thanks

I have not yet found a comfortable croc starp, having thin wrists I have found a soft calf strap bends a lot easier. Has anyone found a very soft croc strap ?

tangle