• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega CrPO 45mm (mini review)

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Yesterday I picked up what I am guessing is the newest version of the CrPO (it has the correct AR and correct caseback without the 'liquid metal' insignia).

My first impression was a good one. The bracelet is comfortable and the watch has excellent wrist presence. The bezel is tight and everything lines up perfectly, and the lume is bright and crystal is perfect. Also worth mentioning, the 'Omega' engraving on the bracelet clasp is very well done -- crisp and clean. Oh, and the pearl seems (to my naked eye) to be dead center.

As we all know, the movement on these is Swiss, and the watch has been keeping perfect time (so far).

On to the negatives: I have to be prepared to fix the fading bezel issue because I can see the triangle around the pearl starting to diminish. I am guessing a touch up with spray paint or a paint pen will be in order shortly (I am open to any suggestions). My biggest concern is the crown and stem. While there are currently no problems, the mechanism does not inspire confidence. after unscrewing the crown, the stem clicks out to each position with no problem. However, when pushing it all back in, things get dodgy. It doesn't click back in as you would expect -- ya kinda just need to push and pray.

One last thing, this was the dirtiest bracelet I have ever received. I used up 3 cape cod cloths on it and turned them completely black. I could have gone for a 4th but my hands were getting tired. I like the results though -- the bracelet now pops!

Well on to pics -- and please let me know any suggestions for the fading bezel fix.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
very nice...I just got the itch for this.

Hard to tell by the photos but is this the version with the slightly grey ceramic dial? Also, the date font...is it the raised silver tone font?

Came from trusty time..

motoman83

Known Member
23/3/13
very nice...I just got the itch for this.

Hard to tell by the photos but is this the version with the slightly grey ceramic dial? Also, the date font...is it the raised silver tone font?

No, you're thinking of the LMPO from noob.

TQDG

9/3/12
One last thing, this was the dirtiest bracelet I have ever received. I used up 3 cape cod cloths on it and turned them completely black. I could have gone for a 4th but my hands were getting tired. I like the results though -- the bracelet now pops!
It turned black because you were polishing the metal... you were polishing the brushing out of it. :hehehe:

Looks good though, really does make it pop, and I'm glad you stopped polishing when you did.