• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega considerations for daily use

Champion

Known Member
23/3/13
I am officially a month old today and what better way to celebrate than with my first thread!! I purchased my first rep from Stan(SubC) and I'd like to work another durable rep into the rotation from time to time as a daily. I really like the Omega and as I am learning more about them, from RWI resources, I'm interested to see what models people are looking for that I may not have considered. Any input would be appreciated greatly. Thank you gentlemen.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Well.... the Seamaster Planet Ocean is a good and durable one.

And you're one month old today? Wow, super babies? LOL jk

Gabe

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
A second PO, a vintage 300, or a moonie?
DSC00016.jpg

384defc6-bd85-40b5-981f-f7bf9041f96d.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Champion

Known Member
23/3/13
The orange in the face really pops on the Planet Ocean. I wear brown shoes every day with my suits in a variety of shades and I really like the contrast of that orange and blue.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
The dials on the PO's are actually black, the blue is the AR coating on the crystal. The second one has a sunnydale crystal with less obvious AR.

Champion

Known Member
23/3/13
The dials on the PO's are actually black, the blue is the AR coating on the crystal. The second one has a sunnydale crystal with less obvious AR.

I learn something every single time that I'm on here. Thank you!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
You really can't go far wrong with a PO, the Ultimate Planet Ocean (UPO) in 45mm, or the V5 PO in 42mm are truly amazing reps.

From what I've seen (and I'm sure someone how knows more on Omega reps can correct me), outside of the PO, Omega models get a little bit more scarce. I was looking for a white/silver face Speedmaster for my wife recently and they are hard (impossible from my experience!) to track down.

I do love the vintage Seamaster, the one pictured above is beautiful! I think it'll be my next modding project...

Champion

Known Member
23/3/13
So it's settled for me then. After taking the hint, OOPS I meant solicited input, the Omega Planet Ocean is in my sights as my next project. Scouring the multiple threads about the Omega and then the PO, I came across a remarkable PO with an orange bezel and an orange canvas strap??? I believe it's a NATO strap I could be wrong as I am still learning the proper terminology. I am now looking for a ceramic black PO with plans to procure my own orange bezeled beauty once I learn more about changing out the straps. I am very much appreciative of the education (i.e. AR lesson) and all of your input gentlemen. Thank you.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Get a planet ocean, its all you want!

doubleohseven

8/11/12

Do not forget that the PO 42mm can be a rep of the 2008 PO, which do have blueish AR.