• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega clasps. Anyone have a loose clasp knob or failure?

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
The part in question is the metal knob the clasp latches onto. See pic.

I hear these little knobs get loose on some of the new PO's and cause bracelet failure. Anyone know the construction of the pin/knob and how to disassemble and reassemble more secure? Is it press fit, threaded, etc?

Is this prevalent? Please share your experience.

The part im speaking of is highlighted in the red circle-

IMG_3435-1.jpg

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11

I hear these little knobs get loose on some of the new PO's and cause bracelet failure. Anyone know the construction of the pin/knob and how to disassemble and reassemble more secure? Is it press fit, threaded, etc?

IMG_3435-1.jpg

Out of the 3 TDs I asked, 2 of them said they have never heard of a customer complain about this and one of them said yes it does have a problem but only if you put stress on the pin.

Here's a link to a topic on Geek. There's a perfect solution for you at the bottom of the thread.

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=137585&highlight=mushroom+pin

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Thanks for the link.

I used my crystal press to take out the little slack in the mushroom pin. Seems to be staying snug. It was never a problem, but I didn't want it to become one. With reps, an ounce of prevention is key.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Time 4 Direct was selling these clasps before I believe. You can also get one from Wholesale outlet on the bay. Glad you found and fix it though.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
Thanks R2 & Q5. P4 Appreciates. :)

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Thanks for the link.

I used my crystal press to take out the little slack in the mushroom pin. Seems to be staying snug. It was never a problem, but I didn't want it to become one. With reps, an ounce of prevention is key.

Good news! I actually have ordered my first 42mm PO and was worried about this very issue. Can you elaborate more on what exactly you did?

skidder715

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/11
The nob on mine came off. I just simply super glued the 2 parts back together and held in place with snipe nose pliers till the glue went off

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Mine arrived today. The clasp seemed fine to me. I sized it and gave it a try. A couple hours later it came unlatched. The little spring wire inside that catches the ball on the deployment latch fell out. I've just contacted the dealer to see about the possibility of sourcing me another clasp. I've looked at the ones on eBay but they have no Omega engravings. Would anyone have any ideas ?

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Mine arrived today. The clasp seemed fine to me. I sized it and gave it a try. A couple hours later it came unlatched. The little spring wire inside that catches the ball on the deployment latch fell out. I've just contacted the dealer to see about the possibility of sourcing me another clasp. I've looked at the ones on eBay but they have no Omega engravings. Would anyone have any ideas ?

I hear you can put the spring back in and put some glue over the hole so it wont pop out. Did you try that?

Alternatively, you could buy a leather strap with deployant clasp. Those are really nice on this watch :]

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I've pulled the pins and took the clasp apart. I ordered a couple genuine springs for it but in the meantime I'm going to use the listing picture for the spring and get out the mini needle-nose pliers and bend my own. In looking at the construction of the clasp, it's pretty much impossible for the spring to fall out in one or even 2 pieces. Somehow miss was broke in 3 pieces and only 1 piece fell out. But it looks like an easy repair. I will shape mine a bit differently for a bit more tention and spring action off the sides of the clasp.This watch is well worth getting. I really like it. Thanks again Lay.

petemoss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/10

The mushroom shaped pin is like a rivet. My pin came apart and I took this pic to show the dealer. I superglued it back and so far so good! Dealer is sending me a new clasp.

DSCN1595.jpg