• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

omega 42mm PO rubber strap

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i picked up a rubber strap with my 42mm omega PO. I removed the metal pin in the middle like tak said. She fits now, but that metal pin that i removed supposedly on a real PO keeps the rubber attached to the case.

tak or anyone - figure out a workaround for this?

ps: I love the PO!!! i thought the AR would be better though :( but she's still a looker! an oiled bracelet did wonders for the PO :D

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Can you give me a link to where Tak told you this or was it by PM,
I got mine yesterday and cut them off , but then saw a post on RWG that said to drill the PO
Any way the springbars that you take off the bracelet dont go through the strap you need to replace them with thinner ones which I did, and I dont think it looks right cos it shows a gap, I thought about possibly getting some black silicone and bonding the strap to the case as well as using the pins. I think this could work.
let me know what you think

crick

1/8/06
right here

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796

i would be worried about drilling a hole into the case... but i guess that would look more Gen anyhoo.

i'm looking for a non-permanent solution so i can switch back and forth.

The springbars seem to fit ok, but now there's a gap that easily shows up when i wrap the rubberstrap around my wrist.

I guess i can easily fix the lost pieces of metal by soldering or glueing a new piece there... hmmmm

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
No . because it will still use the springbars, but it will hopefully bond the strap to the case ,and because its only silicone it will be able to be pulled off with force.

crick

1/8/06
ok great. let me know if that work, and if so, pictures :D

thanks tlm