• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 300m SMP - 2024

Porkroll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/3/14
Forum,

In your opinion, which factory comes closest to gen as far as color and quality for the following:

Blue Dial
Black Dial
Black Bezel - White Dial
Blue Bezel - Grey Dial

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I’m going to go out on a limb and say black black is the safest bet.

Sometimes blue is hard to get a perfect Color match

Maybe they improved the white ones but they used to have the red seamaster text not red enough, some dials were too translucent like, and getting crisp white lume plots is hit and miss.

TimeRaga

Just a noob who got the watch bug 🪲
16/1/24
I’m going to go out on a limb and say black black is the safest bet.

Sometimes blue is hard to get a perfect Color match

Maybe they improved the white ones but they used to have the red seamaster text not red enough, some dials were too translucent like, and getting crisp white lume plots is hit and miss.
I agreed on the black one. I love the white rep, but the Seamaster writing is not close at all compared to the gen. Hope the factories improve on these on the future.

Reactions: Porkroll

Porkroll

28/3/14
Black Bezel - White Dial is a beauty
I really do love the white dial, it’s a sharp watch. I’ve never seen one out in the wild .. lived in NYC for many years and lots of EU visits. The only one I’ve actually seen/wore in store was in Lucerne, CH
And is was a wonderful piece.

Reactions: TimeRaga

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
I have silver, black, and blue... All 3 are SCG and next to Gen hard to tell apart. White had some issues with color, but newer ones look better

TimeRaga

Just a noob who got the watch bug 🪲
16/1/24
I have silver, black, and blue... All 3 are SCG and next to Gen hard to tell apart. White had some issues with color, but newer ones look better
That's great. I have seen a ton of Bessel misalignment or crooked indexes with 300M than any other watch in RepTimeQC. Happy that you got a nice one

contender09

18/12/13
I really do love the white dial, it’s a sharp watch. I’ve never seen one out in the wild .. lived in NYC for many years and lots of EU visits. The only one I’ve actually seen/wore in store was in Lucerne, CH
And is was a wonderful piece.
God I miss Lucerne, well I miss Switzerland 🇨🇭 in general. I was just there about 3 months ago.

FredBloggs46

Horology Curious
24/6/24
From my reading into which was the best rep available the conclusion which I came to was ZF Factory followed by VSF.

Have a look at theonewatches, you can filter on manufacturer. I was close to getting an SMP myself but then saw the Noob LMPO... 😁