• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omeega Seamaster Q

southcoast68

Known Member
27/4/06
Hi all
Last week I received my latest from WBK, and their not quite what you normally see. When WBK posted a few weeks ago about getting some Seamaster Q-Matics, it really got my attention, so when he got more in, I bought 2 :D . What really drives me crazy about this model is that I cannot get more info about it. Its not a fantasy model (although they had apparently made this model for only a year), but it is IMO one of the more interesting. I got a black dial and a white dial version, both beautiful, both with the Asian ETA copy movement. Both have been keeping perfect time since received.

This rep is available through a couple of other dealers on the web, but not with the same movement and not with another interesting detail, the date cyclop. Even though it looks like a cyclop from a Rollie, it really does belong since the gen featured it as well (proven by the only photo of a gen I could find), and is one of the reasons this model is interesting to me. Another reason is the dial with all its textured detail. The pics do not do it justice, so I will attempt to explain. The center has the familiar wave patters of the SMP, then, a band of tightly spaced concentric circles surround and are as thick as the minute bar markers, after that, the minute chapter that has a red marker on every hour. The Omega logo and name, as well as the 6,9,12 and the bar markers are applied metal, not just printed as on the reps from other dealers. The date wheel for the white dial model is white background with black numbers, the black dial model is the opposite. The bezel is uni-directional and is engraved in 5 minute increments and features an additional minute track (another detail which is left out on the others. This model does have a few hitches as like all other reps. While the dial and bezel are more accurate looking, they also feature a He valve which the gen does not appear to have (at least from what I can see from the one picture I have found) and the display back has the name "Constallation" engraved on it which I am unsure if that is correct. If I could find solid casebacks for these, I would probably change them out anyway.

While I also like the Bond, PO, Moonwatch and most other Omega varieties, I think that these two will be keepers since I consider them to be very special Omegas. Now the pics.

ken1

18/3/07
nice watches! never seen them in real life but they look good!

robertk

16/3/06
I also have one from TTK over six months now. Very unique and thoroughly good looking.

omegaseamastermatic80s1zm6.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
looks nice, but a little too much color for me :roll:

iluvhockey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
I believe the watch should have the normal solid seamaster caseback. The watch clasp is the older hidden clasp and not the diver extention deployment. And the Omega logo should be painted and not a metal applica. My some of the Omega experts can chime in. The genuine model is a quartz-like movement, since it was a batteryless quartz model. Instead of storing the energy generated in a metal spring, the Omegamatic movement's rotor moves a micro generator that creates electrical energy which is stored into a capacitor. It's production run was 1996~2002.

watchlover

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/06
iluvhockey said:
I believe the watch should have the normal solid seamaster caseback. The watch clasp is the older hidden clasp and not the diver extention deployment. And the Omega logo should be painted and not a metal applica. My some of the Omega experts can chime in. The genuine model is a quartz-like movement, since it was a batteryless quartz model. Instead of storing the energy generated in a metal spring, the Omegamatic movement's rotor moves a micro generator that creates electrical energy which is stored into a capacitor. It's production run was 1996~2002.

Wow... I did not know this.. can't find a clue on this watch at all... time to get one :twisted:

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Had not seen the Qmatic before and had not see WBK offer it before. I am going to have to inquire to him about it.

iluvhockey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
It is a nice looking watch. I am thinking of picking one up from WBK too. Just wished it didn't have the HE valve.

southcoast68

Known Member
27/4/06
iluvhockey said:

That is fantastic information, just the stuff I was looking for. Thanks!!!