• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Old Factory" Omega 300M Bond

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Any guru's know if the Old Factory 300M accepts Gen Bezl assembly and crystal? I picked one up and OMG this watch is amazing!! It has ETA 2892A2 and the 007 across the dial is so close to Gen I almost was not going to swap with the one I picked up on Ebay (almost). With Gen bezel assembly and crystal this Biotch is going to be amazing.

I searched to no avail other than it has been done, but how much ass pain is involved was not indicated. I am not breaking out the dremel on this one the watch is just too good.

Why can a watch from 2004 be better than some of the crap they sell now??? Baffling!!

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Any guru's know if the Old Factory 300M accepts Gen Bezl assembly and crystal? I picked one up and OMG this watch is amazing!! It has ETA 2892A2 and the 007 across the dial is so close to Gen I almost was not going to swap with the one I picked up on Ebay (almost). With Gen bezel assembly and crystal this Biotch is going to be amazing.

I searched to no avail other than it has been done, but how much ass pain is involved was not indicated. I am not breaking out the dremel on this one the watch is just too good.

Why can a watch from 2004 be better than some of the crap they sell now??? Baffling!!

Today the quality goes lower and lower

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Are you interested in the crystal and bezel only?

So far, removing the bezel was a hard task. Haven't installed it yet. Crystal seems to fit although the gen gasket doesn't!

Well i am not of a big help cause i haven't tried them yet, but i have read that these mods can be done.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Mr. Pap thanks for you input. Below it appears it was done, but does not indicate the A## pain involved. In its current state with just a bezel insert and AR coating on the crystal it may suffice. Just love the idea of nearly everything being Gen. I hate the idea of losing the integral structure for some Mod.s that are nit picky! Touch call

You building one of these as well?

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/om3ga-guys-frsmp-96420

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Mr. Pap thanks for you input. Below it appears it was done, but does not indicate the A## pain involved. In its current state with just a bezel insert and AR coating on the crystal it may suffice. Just love the idea of nearly everything being Gen. I hate the idea of losing the integral structure for some Mod.s that are nit picky! Touch call

You building one of these as well?

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/om3ga-guys-frsmp-96420

Yeap, i am building of those too.
Gen dial,hands,crystal,bezel,caseback,crown and HE valve.
Work is getting in the middle though and i have no time to finish it.
Latest problem is gen HE valve tube, which is bigger than the rep one so i need to drill a bigger hole there as to fit. Really fun project so far! :popcorn: