• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OEM Bezel Insert, what do you use to hold insert in place?

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Hello,

This is a somewhat similiar question that rek001 posted. I have a OEM bezel insert (black/gold) that I want to place on my TT Sub. I have two questions...(now that I see what I typed it's kinda more than two questions! lol) I've already test fitted the OEM over the crystal, it seems like it will fit fine.
1. How do you take the current bezel insert out? Can you just leave the actual bezel in place, and remove the insert with a small tool of some sort? I don't care about ruining the current insert.
2. If so, what holds the new OEM bezel insert in place? Glue of some sort I am guessing, if so, WHAT KIND of glue exactly, and if it is some special type of glue, where would one purchase it?

Thank you!

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
hello u take the old insert out and u mill the new insert to fit and u use five minute clear epoxy to hold it in place , but u need to make sure u get it to fit inside the bezel not on top of it , happy easter

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Bezel glue

I recently replaced a bezel insert. I was advised to use Gorilla Glue. The stuff worked out great. I recommend it. Just DO NOT USE CRAZY GLUE. Crazy glue lets out a gas when it cures that can ruin your watch. At least that is what I was told by several very reputable people on another forum.

Hari Seldon

22/3/06
Gorilla Glue is probably great for this application, I use it for all kinds of stuff. Just be careful to use very little as it expands about 4x during curing.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Give the man a cigar!

Hari Seldon said:
Gorilla Glue is probably great for this application, I use it for all kinds of stuff. Just be careful to use very little as it expands about 4x during curing.

You are right about that. I was advised to make a puddle, and stick a toothpick into the puddle, then place small dots of the glue on the CLEANED surface of the bare bezel. This worked very well for me. My guess would be that I put on too much if I glued the bezel into place and it didn't rotate!

:p :lol: :D :eek:

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Re: OEM Bezel Insert, what do you use to hold insert in plac

Warrcraft said:
WHAT KIND of glue exactly, and if it is some special type of glue, where would one purchase it?
I used a generic glues anything tube glue that mentioned metal as one of the things. Don't use Superglue and don't use Epoxy unless you're certain you can get it "dead on balls accurate" as there's nothing worse than a misaligned bezel after a mod. Joe, being the total artisan that he is, would use Epoxy because he'd get it right time after time, but he's a special case. He sometimes forgets we're nowhere near as talented as he is. :D

Also, if I were you, I'd mark the bezel at 12 with the finest pen you have if you're gluing the insert in a removed Bezel.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA

Pugwash said:
Warrcraft said:
WHAT KIND of glue exactly, and if it is some special type of glue, where would one purchase it?
I used a generic glues anything tube glue that mentioned metal as one of the things. Don't use Superglue and don't use Epoxy unless you're certain you can get it "dead on balls accurate" as there's nothing worse than a misaligned bezel after a mod. Joe, being the total artisan that he is, would use Epoxy because he'd get it right time after time, but he's a special case. He sometimes forgets we're nowhere near as talented as he is. :D

Also, if I were you, I'd mark the bezel at 12 with the finest pen you have if you're gluing the insert in a removed Bezel.

Actually, I found it better to put the bezel back on the watch, and THEN glue in the bezel insert. That way you are guaranteed that the bezel pearl will be dead nutz on.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07

WackoBirdKeeper said:
Actually, I found it better to put the bezel back on the watch, and THEN glue in the bezel insert. That way you are guaranteed that the bezel pearl will be dead nutz on.
Yes, I agree, you're right. However, if you insist on using Superglue, you need to do it off the watch. :D