• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nwbig?

Waccoe

Getting To Know The Place
25/9/22
Gods country
Morning all
This was my 1st proper watch purchase, I first fell for it in a jewellers display in Tenerife on holiday in 2006 we had to walk by it every day on the way to the beach, holiday romance? Possibly but I returned the following year and came home with it. We had to part ways 4 years later. I still think of what I had especially since these days they’re still asking over £3000 for a decent one and I paid less than that new.
So before I start asking TDs if it’s still available as a rep, does or has anyone owned the rep how close was it to gen ? I have only just started research on this model so please forgive any silly questions, would it be wiser to go gen with this one and get a rep of a new PO? Does the bezel and markers pop on the rep like I remember on my gen ? Is there a certain factory that ticks most of my boxes , eg bezel and dial colour & correct markers.
Many thanks for taking time to read all advice about the watch will be appreciated.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Most of the TDs will show this on their sites however I believe that these are no longer produced as a rep.

I own the rep of the 2500 calibre model (with the printed numerals and open 6+ 9) which is the thinner case and the rep is pretty good, although its major flaw is that the crown sticks out proud of the case leaving a bit of a gap which if corrected with a genuiine case tube and crown I would say that its NWBIG.

I cannot speak for the slightly thicker 8500 calibre reps with the raised numerals.

You will have to keep a beady eye on the M2M sales to pick one of these up as they are few and far between and seem to get snapped up quite quickly.

Waccoe

25/9/22
Gods country
Most of the TDs will show this on their sites however I believe that these are no longer produced as a rep.

I own the rep of the 2500 calibre model (with the printed numerals and open 6+ 9) which is the thinner case and the rep is pretty good, although its major flaw is that the crown sticks out proud of the case leaving a bit of a gap which if corrected with a genuiine case tube and crown I would say that its NWBIG.

I cannot speak for the slightly thicker 8500 calibre reps with the raised numerals.

You will have to keep a beady eye on the M2M sales to pick one of these up as they are few and far between and seem to get snapped up quite quickly.
Cheers for the quick advice, I did ask a non TD the other day and he said much the same , looks like a gen to scratch that itch. Regarding a rep where would you suggest looking for omega? Be it Seamaster, planet ocean or even aqua terre.
I don’t have a green watch in my box yet so that would be SMP or AT as I’ve read the speedmasters arnt a very good likeness.

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
VSF rules it for Aqua Terras (8900 calibre) and Seamaster 300 Spectre. You should do a bit of research, though, dial color quality may differ and I don't know how the green was.
That's all I know, though, I just researched those two models.

Reactions: Waccoe and Hesekiel

Waccoe

25/9/22
Gods country
Yep I know I said green but bare with me a moment, I like different and and don’t mind biggish so here are 3 vsf with 8900 workings with clear case backs , so wise folk whats your thoughts? I won’t be examining with a microscope and to me the photos look great so it comes down to reliability and how they appear with the naked eye in real life.
Your opinion on these or maybe an option I’ve not looked at.
Cheers

Waccoe

25/9/22
Gods country
Yep I know I said green but bare with me a moment, I like different and and don’t mind biggish so here are 3 vsf with 8900 workings with clear case backs , so wise folk whats your thoughts? I won’t be examining with a microscope and to me the photos look great so it comes down to reliability and how they appear with the naked eye in real life.
Your opinion on these or maybe an option I’ve not looked at.
Cheers

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I would first start by confirming availability with the td. Then, for a first buy, I'd probably stay away from the gold one till I read something about how the plating holds. Afaik (talking about rolex models, some of them) it's ok if you wear the watch occasionally, but for a daily beater you probably will see the plating fade over time. You can always have it replated by some of our fine Modders here, but speaking of myself, I'm still an ootb kind of guy atm.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Waccoe

25/9/22
Gods country
Which one(s) do you like?
Not being blunt/rude, but that's all that matters tbh.
No you’re not mate , I do like to AT but as it’s a limited edition I’d be guessing it’ll be the same as my original choice and no longer available, so it would have been the PO 43 blue until I read another omega thread and saw @KJ2020 black and gold ceramic and that just wowed me , however due to that man’s advice in my first days I bought a GMT master 2 black and gold from @Messi! 😁

Reactions: MJH89 and P..DR..D

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Sounds like ya know what ya want so.

Worse case though, thankfully we're in a hobby where if you buy for A, and the condition is the same as received, depending on the model popularity, you can most likely recover very close to A (maybe a little loss) on M2M.

Worth it imho to try new watches out.

Best of luck & happy shopping.

Waccoe

25/9/22
Gods country
Sounds like ya know what ya want so.

Worse case though, thankfully we're in a hobby where if you buy for A, and the condition is the same as received, depending on the model popularity, you can most likely recover very close to A (maybe a little loss) on M2M.

Worth it imho to try new watches out.

Best of luck & happy shopping.
sláinte is táinte

• Love
Reactions: MJH89 and P..DR..D

watchead

31/1/22
Morning all
This was my 1st proper watch purchase, I first fell for it in a jewellers display in Tenerife on holiday in 2006 we had to walk by it every day on the way to the beach, holiday romance? Possibly but I returned the following year and came home with it. We had to part ways 4 years later. I still think of what I had especially since these days they’re still asking over £3000 for a decent one and I paid less than that new.
So before I start asking TDs if it’s still available as a rep, does or has anyone owned the rep how close was it to gen ? I have only just started research on this model so please forgive any silly questions, would it be wiser to go gen with this one and get a rep of a new PO? Does the bezel and markers pop on the rep like I remember on my gen ? Is there a certain factory that ticks most of my boxes , eg bezel and dial colour & correct markers.
Many thanks for taking time to read all advice about the watch will be appreciated.
I believe VSF is the best bet for what you're looking for