• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NTTD Seamaster VSF vs Black Bay 58 ZF

Webbio87

Horology Curious
4/2/24
UK
Hi all,

I’m looking at the above watches as daily beaters. Any thoughts on which would be a better choice?

I love the seamaster (that Milanese!) but not sure I can justify the c. $300 extra unless it’s vastly superior?

Thoughts would be great and thanks in advance!

K3TZej.jpeg

K3Tjr4.jpeg

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I've had both and I preferred the BB58 but it is not an easy preference.

I loved the NTTD but my wrist is weirdly sized for the milanese and its hole size options for fitting. So, I could never find a good fit on it. I am not much of a NATO guy and the strap provided is too long for my taste.

The BB58 was very cool, but, again, bad sizing choices with the bracelet, so it only was made better by getting a half-link for the river bracelet by Uncle Seiko.

Granted, a $29 half-link is worth it vs the $200 watch price difference.

I still sold both, but I enjoyed the BB58 best, which is why I ordered a BB54.

Last edited:

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
Nuclear sponge
Have both. I really wanted to like the NTTD milanese but really it's not very comfortable. I ended up putting it on this Junghans branded second.

The BB58 I bought on gen leather & deployant, which is *Italian chef kiss* 🤌 perfect.

If you're into NATO straps Crown & Buckle makes excellent and economical ones for each. The fifty here and the NTTD here

The Ti will pick up scratches more than the SS, if that bothers you. There's also the known danger of VSF crown threads stripping. In my experience the BB lume holds up longer.

You should buy both! Good luck!

Reactions: Webbio87

Webbio87

Horology Curious
4/2/24
UK
I've had both and I preferred the BB58 but it is not an easy preference.

I loved the NTTD but my wrist is weirdly sized for the milanese and its hole size options for fitting. So, I could never find a good fit on it. I am not much of a NATO guy and the strap provided is too long for my taste.

The BB58 was very cool, but, again, bad sizing choices with the bracelet, so it only was made better by getting a half-link for the river bracelet by Uncle Seiko.

Granted, a $29 half-link is worth it vs the $200 watch price difference.

I still sold both, but I enjoyed the BB58 best, which is why I ordered a BB54.
Amazing answer, thank u

Webbio87

Horology Curious
4/2/24
UK
Have both. I really wanted to like the NTTD milanese but really it's not very comfortable. I ended up putting it on this Junghans branded second.

The BB58 I bought on gen leather & deployant, which is *Italian chef kiss* 🤌 perfect.

If you're into NATO straps Crown & Buckle makes excellent and economical ones for each. The fifty here and the NTTD here

The Ti will pick up scratches more than the SS, if that bothers you. There's also the known danger of VSF crown threads stripping. In my experience the BB lume holds up longer.

The answer is always buy both 😂

Webbio87

Horology Curious
4/2/24
UK

What do u mean by leather and deployant? Is that a standard option or aftermarket? If so, got a link?

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit
I like both (who wouldn't?). But I would go with the Tudor. It is such a classic style and goes anywhere. I feel like it offers more strap options also.

MovieBuff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
29/12/23
I honestly have not had both, but I do love my VSF NTTD. I wear it daily with the NATO strap. Comfortable and a beautiful piece.