• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Now remove your bezels easily!

vejaman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/06
I wanted to share some info on one of the greatest tools since I got into this hobby. Magoo (at RG) recently told me that he had seen an inexpensive bezel remover on Ofrei, it is this one:
http://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#18792
scroll to the bottom of the page to see it. Anyway, 25 bucks and I figured 'why not?' Well the thing just arrived at my door so I tackled my stubborn SMP Chrono and actually had it off in about 5 seconds! No scratches, no dings, no bent bezel... just squeeze the remover, give it a little twist/pull and POP! Nice clean bezel removal.

My thanks going out to Magoo!

Neil66

24/5/09
vejaman said:
I wanted to share some info on one of the greatest tools since I got into this hobby. Magoo (at RG) recently told me that he had seen an inexpensive bezel remover on Ofrei, it is this one:
hxxp://www.ofrei.com/page663.html#18792
scroll to the bottom of the page to see it. Anyway, 25 bucks and I figured 'why not?' Well the thing just arrived at my door so I tackled my stubborn SMP Chrono and actually had it off in about 5 seconds! No scratches, no dings, no bent bezel... just squeeze the remover, give it a little twist/pull and POP! Nice clean bezel removal.

My thanks going out to Magoo!

Nice one, looks like something I could make if I dig deep enough in my garage full of junk!!!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I fixed the link to use the http, we have a re-director so it's not an issue. Anyway, does it have a lip inside of it?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Can you use this on a PO? I heard you have to take out the crystal to take the bezel off that one, I'm not sure why that'd be.

vejaman

1/11/06
OK, I'll try to hit all the replies in one:

-Rolex bezels - can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for Rollies. The ring is shaped like a wedge (envision the profile kind of like a half-trapezoid) It should fit under any rotating bezel with ease.

-No, it doesn't have a lip on it. See the above reply. It is wedge shaped just enough to grab the underside of the bezel.

-UPOs - Again, should not be any reason for it to not work on a UPO. I have already done my bezel mods on both my UPOs so I don't have a need to remove one at this point. I guess the question is, why do you need to remove a UPO bezel? If you are doing the gen bezel insert mod, I have done it twice now and the bezel stays put, you just pop off the insert. Now that being said, yes, you really should remove the crystal to get the rep insert off, it is easy enough to pop the crystal and after that you can have the rep insert off in a matter of seconds

Good luck out there!

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
the tool seems great but don't you need another tool to put the or an bezel back on when you are done?