• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noticeable difference on index markers on the UPO

TheCold

15/8/09
I have an UPO (the version with the happy feet) and the second hands tip broke off and various other things. So I bought a gen pair of hands both hour, minute and second hands, gen tube and crown. I also ordered a new "updated" dial for the upo without the happy feet from puretime. Will probably buy gen dial in the future.

Now to my question: Is the color of the gen hands and the rep dial index markers different? If the color is indeed a bit different is it noticeable? Because when I received the hands from cousins it strikes me to see that the lume color on the hands were more greenish whilst my old rep hands were more blueish? Might be the power of suggestion but just wondering if anyone of you guys have any experience if the colors are way off on the rep and the gen or they are pretty much alike.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I thought the gens were blue tint?

In any event, the gen hands will outshine the dial!

TheCold

15/8/09
shine wise the gen lume on the hands will kill the rep lume on the dial. But looking at the dial in daylight will there be any real difference color wise?

MMA

5/10/10
Yes there is, but they are pretty close at a glance.

TheCold

15/8/09
Okay seems that what I have to do is wait for the new "updated" dial, if the colors are OK Ill let fined mount it along with the other gen components and then maybe in the future buy the gen dial if it really is worth it!

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
The rep dial is pretty good. I binned mine as the manufacturer had scratched it slightly above the Omega symbol and there was some glue residue around. But this was only really visible under close inspection. Which, let's face it, is only going to be done by you.....

I was probably a little harsh on it and could have cleaned, lumed and re-used but the lack of date window step really bugged me. So decided to change it for gen, rather then get another rep one.

Gen dial swap is really only for nut cases :lolcina: who want to chase perfection. The rep is damn good as is. So are the hands.

TheCold

15/8/09
The rep dial is pretty good. I binned mine as the manufacturer had scratched it slightly above the Omega symbol and there was some glue residue around. But this was only really visible under close inspection. Which, let's face it, is only going to be done by you.....

I was probably a little harsh on it and could have cleaned, lumed and re-used but the lack of date window step really bugged me. So decided to change it for gen, rather then get another rep one.

Gen dial swap is really only for nut cases :lolcina: who want to chase perfection. The rep is damn good as is. So are the hands.

Yes that is the case with reps, they drive you nuts. You think that everyone is watching and inspecting while no one gives a damn! I only bought new hands because like you, I managed to break one of them :D and scratch the rest.

I just hope that the difference in color and lume of the gen hands and rep dial won't bug me too long, because than it means that I need to invest some more $$$ :) ... addicting!

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
The only thing worth changing for UPO is the second hand. Other than that the min/ hr and dial are very close which is what makes UPO so popular among rep buyer.

TheCold

15/8/09
The only thing worth changing for UPO is the second hand. Other than that the min/ hr and dial are very close which is what makes UPO so popular among rep buyer.

They surely are! It was my intention to only exchange the broken second hand. But when I saw the ugly scratches which I made on the other hands I thought what the heck and bought all of them. Better to be safe than sorry!