• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOT so good experience at the end of the day and watch I cannot wear and wasted €400.

Dublin Mick

Horology Curious
14/9/20
I have started a thread below to describe my journey but overall I have a NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. Bought €400 watch, everything was fine for a couple of weeks and after that the mechanism was faulty making ridiculous noise every time something moved inside (automatic Hublot replica). Contacted Daniel and was told to go to my "local watchmaker" to get the watch serviced. Impossible as nobody wanted to touch them when they saw it is a replica. Well wasted €400 and no customer service. My advise is do NOT buy from this dealer and try another one. At €400 mark you have a right to receive a very decent piece. If I spent like €20 (Chinese market price for a cheap one) or €50 I would not even have the nerve to say a word as I am still being reasonable. Rgds, Mick.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
There are plenty of watchsmiths here on rwi. Hit one up to see if its an easy fix

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Its not the sellers fault you are having issues. They are just the person between a factory and us. No rep watch is perfect and they may go out at any moment. If you want a great experience buy a Gen and you wont have these issues. This is like a drug user complaining about his dealers quality control. This is why I am picky on what movement my rep watches come in with so if there is a failure I can swap it out with a ETA. This is something to think about before buying a rep watch. But you are not stuck just find a watch smith in your Country and ship the watch if they are not driving distance. You can find help but you must look for it. And maybe next time try to buy a rep with a easily swapping movement. Good luck and dont give up yet. Plus at least you didnt spend £2000 on a Rep watch but £400.

Reactions: Thila and Tucker

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have started a thread below to describe my journey but overall I have a NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE. Bought €400 watch, everything was fine for a couple of weeks and after that the mechanism was faulty making ridiculous noise every time something moved inside (automatic Hublot replica). Contacted Daniel and was told to go to my "local watchmaker" to get the watch serviced. Impossible as nobody wanted to touch them when they saw it is a replica. Well wasted €400 and no customer service. My advise is do NOT buy from this dealer and try another one. At €400 mark you have a right to receive a very decent piece. If I spent like €20 (Chinese market price for a cheap one) or €50 I would not even have the nerve to say a word as I am still being reasonable. Rgds, Mick.

That changed quickly. It went from 5 out of 5 to this. https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...253141-my-journey-with-dc-dealer-clocks/page2

You’ve actually had the watch 2 months. Your only option at this point is to get it repaired. Base on your name you might be in Ireland. C_Master is in your area and can probably get you the names of some rep friendly watchsmiths. Good luck.

Reactions: cecilcu92

dealerclocks

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
19/7/18

Hi Mick,

I've reviewed your order, and also the short correspondence you had with us over whatsapp.

The watch was received on October 22nd 2020 and approximately 1 month later on November 25th 2020 you mentioned that the watch had some noise, and sent Daniel a video.
You mentioned that there's noise every time the automatic rotor moves and spins, and it should not sound this way; instead it should be silent like all your manual watches.
Daniel did explain to you why the rotor noise is inherently present for the 7750 movement, and mentioned that it's possible to oil / lubricate the rotor bearings to reduce the noise, if you could find a watchsmith to do the work locally, or alternatively we will be willing to do it for you if you send the watch back to us for service.

We didn't get a confirmation from you on how you would like to proceed after our last message, besides a comment from you saying that you're not a watchsmith.

Regardless of all that's transpired, I would still like to be able to resolve the 'noise' issue for you, so if you could contact Daniel on email or whatsapp, he will send you details on how you can ship the watch back to us for service. We may not be able to make the rotor noise completely disappear, but on my part I will have our watchsmith do the work to reduce the rotor noise as much as possible, and I will review it personally to make sure the sound is within acceptability.

Regards,
Sam

Reactions: Tucker

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Dublin Mick I presume you are in Dublin. I do not know any rep friendly watchsmiths there. However a lot of people in Ireland send their watches across the water to ado213 . The 7750 rotors can indeed be noisy it sounds like maybe lubrication can help but it is an inherent problem in some watch movements and you may still get a bit of rotor noise. This one may not aesthetically be like the original but you will find the cheaper ones are real hit or miss in terms of quality.

Reactions: Tucker

Dublin Mick

Horology Curious
14/9/20