• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob with UPO assumption

mtsl500

Looking Around
26/7/07
I've been lurking on this site for a while trying to learn as much as I can by reading. There is so much out there I don't know and no matter how much I read, it doesn't seem to make a dent. But I wanted to start off by thanking all of you who contribute for educating a noob :)

I've been trying to read up on the UPO's as I think this will be the third rep i buy (first good one was a davidsen 201A I bought off a user on RWG, the other I call a learning mistake :) )

I've read as much as I can about the UPO's, am I incorrectly assuming that most of these watches are being sourced from the same provider? I was looking at ordering from one of the major sellers who's PO's get a lot of reviews and wanted to know if I was off base in this assumption?

any help is greatly appreciated

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I think you've made the correct assumption. I believe most get there pieces from the same source.

Sean K

yt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/06
I would also say you are correct from what I have seen around the boards.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Well... hold on... .

Silix's UPO is different than Josh, TWP, Andrew, Angus' , Ruby's UPO.

River may have a different version... like silix.. I dont know... I dont know where Reg (narikaa) got his from... if GZ,, his would be like the non-silix ones.

What is the difference between the silix version.. and the others... not exactly sure but I know there are differences... I had already purchased mine before someone come out with a comparison so I did not pay that close attention.

spookycord

Known Member
1/6/07
One of the main differences between the Silix UPO and the rest (josh, andrew ruby..) is the omega logo, or more specifically the feet. They are correct on Silix version. That being said, Silix's version has other flaws. Can't remember, but I think the thickness of the numbers, maybe casing, you'd have to do a search on it.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeah, i have read that Silix's dial on teh UPO has hte correct logo in terms of feet.

Some have said that they got the silix UPO to transplant the dial into another UPO.

LordRasta

Horology Curious
18/9/07
crick said:
yeah, i have read that Silix's dial on teh UPO has hte correct logo in terms of feet.

Some have said that they got the silix UPO to transplant the dial into another UPO.

Actually some have sourced the Silix dial just to take the logo and put it on their dial.