• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Rolex Daytona 116500 Black dial.

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Hi’
I bought a Noob V4 Daytona black dial and I am getting very irritated/frustrated by the “not sunken” crystal, it is just too high.

1) If I put a gen crystal and gen gasket in my watch, will the problem then be fixed, and the height therefore will be correct as the gen Daytona?

2) I am wondering about buying the Clean Factory V3 black dial and put that in my watch. I think the Noob black dial has a lot of flaws( the subdials, size of Rolex logo, painting/text beneath the logo, etc) but will the CF V3 fixe the problems with the Noob black dial and get closer to the gen or it is just a waste of money?
Hope for some good advice

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Not Sunken crystal What do you mean by that? I have 3noobs and no one have issue with the crystals.. the cf v3 dial is a good uppgrade from noob but its better to buy the hole watch, mutch better caseprofile on cf,

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Not Sunken crystal What do you mean by that? I have 3noobs and no one have issue with the crystals.. the cf v3 dial is a good uppgrade from noob but its better to buy the hole watch, mutch better caseprofile on cf,
Hi’
Thanks for your reply. I read this article about the comparison:

Some say that the noob crystal is thicker than the gen, and some say that the noob crystal can pushed down and then be at the same hight as the gen. The noob v4 is just too high over the bezel.
But can a gen crystal fixe this problem?

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
Hi’
Thanks for your reply. I read this article about the comparison:

Some say that the noob crystal is thicker than the gen, and some say that the noob crystal can pushed down and then be at the same hight as the gen. The noob v4 is just too high over the bezel.
But can a gen crystal fixe this problem?
And some is saying that the noob crystal is not sunken as the gen has.

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
side view of case

There is no difference in the overall case shape between the factories, but Noob does not make sunken crystal, so it is a little higher than the GEN.

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
side view of case

There is no difference in the overall case shape between the factories, but Noob does not make sunken crystal, so it is a little higher than the GEN.
So how do I fixe this problem? Will a gen crystal fixe the hight problem?

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
I have a V4 daytona , but it doesn’t have any Crystal problem as you described .. it’s very gen like

Donnaildk

Known Member
Certified
17/10/22
Denmark
I have a V4 daytona , but it doesn’t have any Crystal problem as you described .. it’s very gen like
The noob V4 is a little bit higher at the crystal than the gen. Are you telling me that yours is has the same hight as the gen?