• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob question

Watchfanman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/22
Canada
Hi all first post. Brand new to the hobby. Interested in purchasing my first rep. Could I ask if anyone knows which TD and or Factory would be a good spot to buy a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 17 Automatic Chronograph. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Sir,

All TDs, for the most part, can access the same factory so the choice is yours based on your research (24 to choose from)

Go with the one you feel comfortable with, after reading thtough their feedback.

Only ever use the contact details from their forum page (never ever google them)

*Regarding TDs, my advice would be to also check shipping costs and also their first order refund/replace policy, in the case of customs seizure/loss, as not all cover it.

Also, note that if you pay by credit card (not really recommended tbh) there are reports of additional bank processing charges with some TDs (not by the TDs, but your bank etc).

Lastly, I would recommend reading all the stickied threads in the FAQ section, before doing anything as they will explain the process end to end, letting you know what you can expect / not expect

Best of luck, pop your cherry and you'll find the hardest part is the waiting, but itll be worth it.

Reactions: LBMCK21 and domiffm

Watchfanman

30/1/22
Canada
Welcome aboard Sir,

All TDs, for the most part, can access the same factory so the choice is yours based on your research (24 to choose from)

Go with the one you feel comfortable with, after reading thtough their feedback.

Only ever use the contact details from their forum page (never ever google them)

*Regarding TDs, my advice would be to also check shipping costs and also their first order refund/replace policy, in the case of customs seizure/loss, as not all cover it.

Also, note that if you pay by credit card (not really recommended tbh) there are reports of additional bank processing charges with some TDs (not by the TDs, but your bank etc).

Lastly, I would recommend reading all the stickied threads in the FAQ section, before doing anything as they will explain the process end to end, letting you know what you can expect / not expect

Best of luck, pop your cherry and you'll find the hardest part is the waiting, but itll be worth it.
Thank you for your reply. I will do the required reading and will educate myself on the hobby. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: P..DR..D

lugnuts

19/4/21
World traveler from Utah
Here's a lesson I've learned. Measure your wrist, most of the watches come with a band or bracelet for wrists under 8 inches. Also know your size in metric that will help quite a bit.

There's nothing worse than waiting forever on a watch only to get it and it doesn't fit your wrist.

Now I have to ask the TD for a bracelet that fits or pay extra to get one that does (buy an extra link)

Reactions: Watchfanman

LBMCK21

vita est brevis esse inhumanus
30/8/21
Uk
Hi all first post. Brand new to the hobby. Interested in purchasing my first rep. Could I ask if anyone knows which TD and or Factory would be a good spot to buy a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 17 Automatic Chronograph. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Again I would re-iterate from PDRD. You the TD’s only use the links from the site as if you type it into Google there’s scam sites so that’s something to beware of. And read all the good information the site has to offer. And welcome to RWI I would recommend supporting the site aswell as there’s many great members on here and it’s a great place and safe haven to buy reps 😊 best of luck on your adventure