• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Needs PO Advice

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
So I've been reading and reading and reading some more to learn as much as possible, I feel like I've jumped into watch school to say the least!

Anyways, I don't know a whole lot about Omega but I've always been a fan. I really don't want to plunge into a rep that's too expensive for my first one at least, I'd like to spend about $150.00

There are two watches I really like from one of the TD's

http://www.timesshop.net/11916-om10...ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-japan-os-chronograph.html

and

http://www.timesshop.net/11912-om10...dial-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-asian-automatic.html

Obviously I want to get something as authentic looking as possible, I've searched google to find an authentic comparison but I've come up with nothing... Are these two fantasy watches?

Second I'm waiting on a email back from the TD about the movement I'm guessing the Japan OS Working Chronograph is just a basic quartz single tick every second movement? That would obviously be a dead give away that it's a rep No? The other is just listed as Automatic... Aren't there like 15 different types of automatics?

I keep seeing talk about Ultimate Planet Oceans... Are there quality Ultimate PO's out there in my price range or will I need to shell out the $300?

Sorry for the long first post and all the questions!

If anyone has any links they'd like to share to something better or similar that would be great as well!

Thanks!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I don't see a white PO on Omega's website........

om1000c-omega-plated-ocean-white-dial-ceramic-bezel-ss-ss-asian-automatic.jpg

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
So I'm going to go out on a limb here here and figure you're saying this picture was taken from the Omega site...

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Welcome to RWI! If your maximum budget is $150 for a PO, then this one is likely the best replica you can get (LINK).

Q5? is just busting your chops. He is easily one of the most helpful people on this forum, especially regarding PO info. As for me, not so much. I just read where he recommended the linked watch for another poster.

asdf

Looking Around
20/4/12
It's cool, usually the noob gets his fair amount of crap at first... I just don't want to waste my money. Thank you for the link, seems like he's covered a lot of the common issues with reps.

Q5? Did you post your review of who made the best PO? I saw a post somewhere saying you were writing one but I couldn't find anything via a search. I'd like to read it!

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
Get the 45.5mm UPO from Trevor with A2836 or the 5th gen po (42mm i think) from Trevor. Cheapest and same POs as everybody else.

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Welcome.
I agree with ratpatrol or check the forum for a used one. You can get some good deals.

As for a white face and bezel PO, I don't think it exists. I've never seen one.

Cheers

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Obviously I want to get something as authentic looking as possible,

Judging by your needs the white dial/bezel PO is not going to work.

There is no Gen that has that combo in a 45.5. The Gen is 37.5 mm.(I was not being smart, just direct. :spank:)

No review yet. I have taken the pictures, just need the time to write it up. :lolcina: