• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

noob in search of 300M

wctryltd

Looking Around
15/11/08
i'm back in rep buying mode - currently have a nice jlc that i've been wearing every day for the last few years... i've got my eye on an omega seamaster
http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?i ... no_cache=1

but i keep reading about valves in the wrong places and DOA watches. I have tried on the gen versions and really like the bracelet- anyone care to weigh in on best source for beautifully put together omega reps?

thanks in advance.

-bill

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Forget about Seamaster Pro 300m Bond replica... Current batch is far from perfect. Get a preowned genuine watch instead. At under 1000USD, you can't go wrong.

I have tried to go for the extreme... Discontinued closed factory case, genuine hands, crown, dial and bezel. In the end, costs more than just getting the genuine watch. Bracelet alone would costs you 500 bucks if you get it straight from Omega service centre.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Such watch usually went for 300USD on eBay. Depending on condition. It's called Seamaster 600 vintage. Movement is handwound calibre 561/564.

wctryltd

Looking Around
15/11/08
thanks!

i think this is the one i want - now i've just to got find a source - so far no joy on ebay.

dadengcrew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/08
If you're still looking for the SMP, Stan (WBK) has improved versions with the He valve in the right place.