• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob help - Seamaster Pro Chrono, no second hand movement

u38966

Looking Around
2/7/08
Apologies for this have been going through the posts but couldnt find anything similar, been a member for a few months after coming across this site whilst looking for Tag reviews, found By-Tors roundup of the TAG's but preferred his Omega one! Anyways...

I decided to buy a cheap Tag Formula 1 as a gift and myself a good Seamaster Pro Chrono. Went through the reviews and liked the osund of Ruby, so emailed her, she was first class and I can highly recommend her. The Tag came in a week or so and looked great, well happy. The Omega arrived today and looked fantastic resized the bracelet using a toll from Reg (Narika) and as its 7750 28,800 movement done the whole crown winding, setting and "waggling". The little chron at 9 o'clock sweeps round perfectly and the watch time is fine, but the actual second hand doesnt move at all. Wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I apologise if this is a really stupid question and hope someone can help.

Cheers guys and keep up the good work, the site rocks.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The running second at 9 is the actual second hand :) The large hand is actually chrono second hand. You can start it by pressing the chrono start button (2 o clock position). Press it one more time, it will stop. The button at 4 o clock is for reset (it works only after you stop the chrono).

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Make sure you always stop the chrono (top pusher) before resetting (bottom pusher) or damage may be caused. NEVER change the date between 9 and 3...just use the search button and all will be revealed... :wink:

u38966

Looking Around
2/7/08
Have seen warnings about setting the time and changing it to 6 o'clock before setting if you have to do it between 10 and 3!! Bizarre, but I will certainly watch that. Hadnt heard the one about the stop/start chrono, so cheers for that. Cant believe how quicjk the response came in, thanks again guys.

dadengcrew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/08
anybody else notice you have to use some strength to push the chrono buttons?

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
dadengcrew said:
anybody else notice you have to use some strength to push the chrono buttons?

That's because they're designed to be like that [gen and rep chronos] to prevent you from accidentally starting or stopping the chrono.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I've always found it interesting how many people buy chrono watches that have 'absolutely' no need for the function nor any idea how they work. They're usually the ones who end up with a busted Daytona. Whatever you do don't leave the stopwatch running all the time because it 'bugs you' that the big second hand isn't running.

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
fakemaster said:
I've always found it interesting how many people buy chrono watches that have abosultely no need for the function nor any idea how they work.
Because they look cool...

"absolutely"

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
AllergyDoc said:
fakemaster said:
I've always found it interesting how many people buy chrono watches that have abosultely no need for the function nor any idea how they work.
Because they look cool...

"absolutely"

+1