• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob help - Cannot set the date

cmreinhart

Horology Curious
28/2/24
I've just received my first rep and I don't know some basic things... like adjusting the date. I've managed to adjust the time the number of the date and the month, but the year reads 2025 and the the day of the week is mismatched. I would really use some help here. Thanks.

Reactions: Neptr

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hi, I don't own this model, it's best to ask the TD you got it from how to help. Can I get the name of the factory? There are multiple variants of this model and each factory has different settings.

I did some research around for you on Chinese forums and this was what came up :

一:万年历功能,可触及8点位置隐形按键通过月份调节年历,万年历年份正常运行,这样便于年历的功能模块的运转,年份显示2023一2028使更换万年历功能模块更简便。 二:日历盘星期盘月份盘功能,1.日历盘3点位显示,可通过巴的拉出的第一个档位顺转向前日期调节,逆转向后日期调节,*不建议逆调因此功能会跳动月像盘。2.星期盘9点位显示,可通过巴的拉出的第二个档位逆转通过24小时时间调节。3.月份盘6点位显示,可通过8点位隐形按键触及调节,附配送专用调节按键的操作杆。以此还原和实现3个功能均可单独调节,便于佩戴时操作。 三:警示窗功能,位于表盘中央的针轴上方的一个扇形窗口,显示为白色时可手动调整年份,显示为蓝色时为禁区时间段,这个区域最好不要调年份,以免破坏机芯的正常使用寿命,因此款868/1机芯为复杂功能机芯,并不是机芯缺陷,原装也是如此。 四:月相盘功能,位于12点位置月相窗口30天运行一圈,实现真功能真月像,可通过巴的拉出的第一个档位逆转调节,实际解决了月像功能不能单独调节的问题。 另此以上功能的调节方法会附送使用调节说明卡一张,以便于表友更简单明了的了解。 在重视功能还原的同时,外观的还原也是重中之重。

Unfortunately google translate and deepl are pretty

One: The perpetual calendar function enables easy adjustment of the calendar by adjusting the month, with the calendar year running normally. This facilitates the operation of the calendar function module. The year is displayed from 2023 to 2028, making it easier to replace the perpetual calendar function module.

Two: The calendar disc, week disc, and month disc each have independent functions. 1. The calendar disc is displayed at 3 o'clock and can be adjusted clockwise for forward dates and counterclockwise for backward dates through the first gear pulled out by the pusher, but counterclockwise adjustment is not recommended as it affects the moon phase disc. 2. The week disc is displayed at 9 o'clock and can be adjusted counterclockwise through the second gear pulled out by the pusher for 24-hour time adjustment. 3. The month disc is displayed at 6 o'clock and can be adjusted by touching the invisible button at 8 o'clock, with a dedicated adjustment lever provided. This achieves independent adjustment of the three functions, making it easier to operate while wearing.

Three: The warning window, located above the central pin axis on the dial, is a fan-shaped window. When displayed in white, the year can be manually adjusted, while when displayed in blue, it indicates a restricted time period for adjustments. It is best not to adjust the year in the blue zone to avoid damaging the normal service life of the movement. Therefore, the 868/1 movement is designed as a complex function movement, not a defect of the movement, and is also the case in its original configuration.

Four: The moon phase disc, located at the 12 o'clock position of the moon phase window, completes one cycle every 30 days, achieving real moon phase functionality. It can be adjusted counterclockwise through the first gear pulled out by the pusher, solving the problem of inability to adjust the moon phase function independently.

In addition, a user instruction card explaining the adjustment methods of the above functions will be provided to make it easier for watch enthusiasts to understand. While emphasizing the restoration of functionality, the restoration of appearance is also of paramount importance.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I know the frustration of such a complicated watch. That’s why my only one is quartz.

Reactions: Theodorius

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
I hope for your sake the function is not like on GEN 😅 On GEN the year only moves one way, and that's forward - you either have to wait until you are in 2025 or send the watch back to JLC for a reset. At least that's how it worked in earlier years.

Hope you figure it out, good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: Karbon74

cmreinhart

Horology Curious
28/2/24
Hi, I don't own this model, it's best to ask the TD you got it from how to help. Can I get the name of the factory? There are multiple variants of this model and each factory has different settings.

I did some research around for you on Chinese forums and this was what came up :

一:万年历功能,可触及8点位置隐形按键通过月份调节年历,万年历年份正常运行,这样便于年历的功能模块的运转,年份显示2023一2028使更换万年历功能模块更简便。 二:日历盘星期盘月份盘功能,1.日历盘3点位显示,可通过巴的拉出的第一个档位顺转向前日期调节,逆转向后日期调节,*不建议逆调因此功能会跳动月像盘。2.星期盘9点位显示,可通过巴的拉出的第二个档位逆转通过24小时时间调节。3.月份盘6点位显示,可通过8点位隐形按键触及调节,附配送专用调节按键的操作杆。以此还原和实现3个功能均可单独调节,便于佩戴时操作。 三:警示窗功能,位于表盘中央的针轴上方的一个扇形窗口,显示为白色时可手动调整年份,显示为蓝色时为禁区时间段,这个区域最好不要调年份,以免破坏机芯的正常使用寿命,因此款868/1机芯为复杂功能机芯,并不是机芯缺陷,原装也是如此。 四:月相盘功能,位于12点位置月相窗口30天运行一圈,实现真功能真月像,可通过巴的拉出的第一个档位逆转调节,实际解决了月像功能不能单独调节的问题。 另此以上功能的调节方法会附送使用调节说明卡一张,以便于表友更简单明了的了解。 在重视功能还原的同时,外观的还原也是重中之重。

Unfortunately google translate and deepl are pretty

One: The perpetual calendar function enables easy adjustment of the calendar by adjusting the month, with the calendar year running normally. This facilitates the operation of the calendar function module. The year is displayed from 2023 to 2028, making it easier to replace the perpetual calendar function module.

Two: The calendar disc, week disc, and month disc each have independent functions. 1. The calendar disc is displayed at 3 o'clock and can be adjusted clockwise for forward dates and counterclockwise for backward dates through the first gear pulled out by the pusher, but counterclockwise adjustment is not recommended as it affects the moon phase disc. 2. The week disc is displayed at 9 o'clock and can be adjusted counterclockwise through the second gear pulled out by the pusher for 24-hour time adjustment. 3. The month disc is displayed at 6 o'clock and can be adjusted by touching the invisible button at 8 o'clock, with a dedicated adjustment lever provided. This achieves independent adjustment of the three functions, making it easier to operate while wearing.

Three: The warning window, located above the central pin axis on the dial, is a fan-shaped window. When displayed in white, the year can be manually adjusted, while when displayed in blue, it indicates a restricted time period for adjustments. It is best not to adjust the year in the blue zone to avoid damaging the normal service life of the movement. Therefore, the 868/1 movement is designed as a complex function movement, not a defect of the movement, and is also the case in its original configuration.

Four: The moon phase disc, located at the 12 o'clock position of the moon phase window, completes one cycle every 30 days, achieving real moon phase functionality. It can be adjusted counterclockwise through the first gear pulled out by the pusher, solving the problem of inability to adjust the moon phase function independently.

In addition, a user instruction card explaining the adjustment methods of the above functions will be provided to make it easier for watch enthusiasts to understand. While emphasizing the restoration of functionality, the restoration of appearance is also of paramount importance.
Thanks! The piece in question is this one.

I've tried to ordered a Villeret, but they don't have it and offered this one instead. The watch is beautiful, but I've tried the instructions above and they're not working as described. Will keep trying (gently...).

cmreinhart

Horology Curious
28/2/24
Now, I've managed to adjust things like this.
The only information that's off is the year, and perhaps the moon phase.
I'm not risking moving the year to 2026, just in case it doesn't moves back again.
In any case, my presbyopia should take care of tiny year window. :rolleyes:

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Now, I've managed to adjust things like this.
The only information that's off is the year, and perhaps the moon phase.
I'm not risking moving the year to 2026, just in case it doesn't moves back again.
In any case, my presbyopia should take care of tiny year window. :rolleyes:
Glad we can help.

Maybe to return the favor to the forum, you should write a detailed operating manual here on how to adjust the time based on your experiences in this thread, so it can be helpful for the future.

Cheers

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Maybe to return the favor to the forum, you should write a detailed operating manual here on how to adjust the time based on your experiences in this thread, so it can be helpful for the future.
This would be very helpful for future buyers of this watch

Reactions: Rx4Time

cmreinhart

Horology Curious
28/2/24
This would be very helpful for future buyers of this watch
Sure, that,s what I´ve learned so far.

1. Using the pusher at 8 you can advance the months. When it arrived it was set at February 2025. I advanced it until April and stop, in fear that I cannot move it backwards. That is the current situation, so I will endure the 2025 staying there for this whole year, unless I find a different solution.

2. Position 1 of the crown advances the number of the day turning it clockwise. If you do it counterclockwise it stops, so I refrained from forcing it to avoid a potential damage.

3. Position 2 of the crown moves the hour needles, and if you keep going it changes the day of the week at 9, so I finally managed to land in Saturday. Interestingly, at the same time it moves the moonphase indicator, so I think it´s just a decoration with a 24-hours cycle.

4. The TD sent me this video for instructions, with appears to correspond to a different watch model.

Overall I am satisfied with the watch. It looks very beautiful and I hope it will works for at least a couple years. While I had preferred a simpler model like the Villeret 6651 I asked for, I am still happy. Thanks everyone.

cmreinhart

Horology Curious
28/2/24
Quick update. I finally got the balls to try to adjust the year through the pusher. And worked...
The year cycles till 2030 and then starts again at 2023.

So it's all set now. As seen the moonphase changes during the day, so I think is just a decoration and not functional.