• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NO CHANGE DATE TURNING THE CROWN

SQUALO

Renowned Member
12/7/19
EU
Hi all,
please help me on my sh3135 on ZZF 116610

The date doesn't change turning the crown.
Only automatically at midnight.

Is it normal for a SH3135 ?
How can I resolve it ?

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
It is not normal. You are probably dealing with a malfunction of the manual operating section of the calendar. Maybe one of the setting wheels gets out of its slot.
I'm no expert of the 3135, but there is a good chance you will have to take the movement apart.

SQUALO

Renowned Member
12/7/19
EU
The clutch of the wheel of the data corrector was broken.
With SH the problem is spare parts !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
Yep.
I think you're gonna have to buy a new one if you want to fix that.

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
Had the same problem. Had my WS swap a VRF3135 in. World of difference.

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
VR is better?
Tell me more please

Like Ex-ki mentioned it's widely regarded as a very reliable 3135 clone that can be swapped into any watch in place of the less reliable SA or SH3135. It accepts most gen parts which is why most people go with a 3135 clone. I'm not sure which gen parts don't fit, as I'm not an expert like some of the guys here, but I recall reading somewhere here that there was some gen part(s) that didn't swap in easily. Maybe one of the experts can chime in. Anyway, my WS swapped in a gen dw and gen reversing wheels with no problem. There's also a good thread here somewhere that one of the experts wrote that goes into the differences between the SH, SA and VR variants in great detail if you really want to drill more deeply into it. You can usually pick one up here or on Ebay pretty easily for $150-180 USD.

Last edited:

SQUALO

Renowned Member
12/7/19
EU
Like Ex-ki mentioned it's widely regarded as a very reliable 3135 clone that can be swapped into any watch in place of the less reliable SA or SH3135. It accepts most gen parts which is why most people go with a 3135 clone. I'm not sure which gen parts don't fit, as I'm not an expert like some of the guys here, but I recall reading somewhere here that there was some gen part(s) that didn't swap in easily. Maybe one of the experts can chime in. Anyway, my WS swapped in a gen dw and gen reversing wheels with no problem. There's also a good thread here somewhere that one of the experts wrote that goes into the differences between the SH, SA and VR variants in great detail if you really want to drill more deeply into it. You can usually pick one up here or on Ebay pretty easily for $150-180 USD.

Can you find this thread about the differences ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
Can you find this thread about the differences ?

Interestingly, I cannot or I would have posted a link. I looked. The "Search" function here doesn't really work that well for me. I assumed that you could enter the keyword for the search and everything associated with that word would show up......not the case for me. Must be some kind of user error that I don't fully understand. Sorry!

SQUALO

Renowned Member
12/7/19
EU
Interestingly, I cannot or I would have posted a link. I looked. The "Search" function here doesn't really work that well for me. I assumed that you could enter the keyword for the search and everything associated with that word would show up......not the case for me. Must be some kind of user error that I don't fully understand. Sorry!

The same to me !

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France
Use Google. Make a request like this: "replica watch info + keyword". It works well to find threads here.