• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No buy/no sell list.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
After a year and a half I had the opportunity to work as a Sales Moderator for a very brief time. Why did I quit.. Well I could not stand the SCUM BAGS trying to rip people off. Now I'm talking about Member To Member sales (M2M), not Trusted Dealers, with 25 Replica watches under my belt I have yet to find a bad (TD) trusted Dealer.

So I am starting my own private NO BUY/NO SELL LIST! And I suggest you as a new member do the same and visit the Brig
( https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/411-The-Brig ) and read about what these people do, have done and more than probably will continue to do. Yes some made mistakes but then their bad attitude towards Moderators and Members got them into the Brig!

So Newbie be warned don't buy from people who have a demonstrated history of bad behavior, Low Post count, No Contributor status.

Look for sellers that have several sales over 500 posts and have made more than just a monetary contribution to the forum, People with awards, People who help others, People who can build a watch, People who didn't just join a month ago!.

AND READ READ READ.....You will Learn so much.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Abso-bloody-lutely! Great post Thrasher. I wish we could have a sticky "Do NOT Sell List".

junbug5150

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
24/12/14
There's an ignore function that been useful to me. Agree 100% to maintain your own DNB/S list!

Mandreas

Renowned Member
9/11/14
I've thought this multiple times ... there have been a few No Sale posts of peoples' names to avoid getting whacked via paypal gift, but why there isn't a sticky somewhere kind of befuddles me...

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I wish this could be a forum function. You know, like under My Profile, as well as friends, posts and so on there could be a tab with your no saled members.
It would be nice also if you could see them in another color, all based on personal preference.
E.g. I don't want to deal with member X, I put him in my no sale list, and his username turns another color but just for me.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I'm glad you guys like the idea and your additional suggestions are brilliant. One thing we as members can do is constantly let the sales moderators know how much we appreciate them. We should not tolerate newbies coming in here and trying to rip people off. In my eyes if someone is caught red handed they should be Brigid or banished for a month or more. They should also be encouraged to talk in the brig to see if they actually are interested in learning about wrist watches and genuines vs replicas. I think with a little back and forth we will see who is here for the hobby and who is out to make a buck.

Sent from: Motogp Paddock

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
I'm glad you guys like the idea and your additional suggestions are brilliant. One thing we as members can do is constantly let the sales moderators know how much we appreciate them. We should not tolerate newbies coming in here and trying to rip people off. In my eyes if someone is caught red handed they should be Brigid or banished for a month or more. They should also be encouraged to talk in the brig to see if they actually are interested in learning about wrist watches and genuines vs replicas. I think with a little back and forth we will see who is here for the hobby and who is out to make a buck.

Sent from: Motogp Paddock

Champion Idea! Learn or Leave!

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
In general, I agree. However, 500 posts to be considered trustworthy? I've been on WUS for over three years, and have yet to hit a 100 posts. At that run rate, it might be ten-fifteen years before I could be considered "trust worthy"...

If I were reincarnated, I am certain I would come back to earth as a girl, cause of all the crap I buy...I've got ebay to back me up.

Now, all that being said...I think it might be worth considering that before you can sell, you must buy first. It might not be the cure all, but there would be skin in the game, so to speak.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Um, it is a forum function. It's called the NO SALE group . . .
Anyone worthy of a blanket ban on sales is in there. For your own no sales, place 'em on ignore.

Every time we add yet another forum function it's another plugin which not only takes DR3M3L hours of coding to write (all our plugins are done in house) but increases the database size, the load on the server as more fetch requests are made and reduces the stability of the platform. This forum already has a ton of plugins and widgets some of which you can see and some of which just keep things rolling along in the background but there is a limit as to just how much you can hang off the vB framework and keep it efficient.