• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

no arrows on bracelet

jackteet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/12/11
Hi, I have just purchased my first rep from Narikaa. It`s a seamaster james bond and I love it. I need to remove several links but there are no arrows on the inside of the bracelet to tell me which direction the pins should be removed. Also I want to purchase a link pin removal tool. I don`t know whether to get a block, hammer and pin pushers or the screw type remover. I would very much welcome opinions please Thanks jack.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
It would help if you could post a pic of the bracelet. The type varies based on the cost of the rep.

jackteet

3/12/11
Hi Anopsis, Thanks for your reply. sorry but I can`t post any pics. I don`t know if it helps but one end of the pins is smooth, flat and flush with the side of the bracelet.
The other side appears to be slightly sunken and the end is not smooth nor flat.
Thanks jack.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
If you have enough magnification you may see that one end of the pin is split and the other end is solid. If so, push fron the solid end and it will come out.

If you have a long pin pusher and a small hammer, along with a platform that allows the pin to fall when free, this is not hard to do. Proper tools make all the difference, in my experience, anyway.

jackteet

3/12/11
Hi Tommy Boy, Thanks very much. Under the magnifying glass I can see exactly what you say. Would you personally go for the pin pushers, hammer and block rather than the screw type pin removal tool. Thanks again jack.

jackteet

3/12/11
Hi Tommy Boy, thank you very much indeed. Regards Jack.