• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Next challenge: the PO!

Boneventura

Known Member
16/12/11
So.. after selling my pride and joy to DrBolloco last week, I started looking at PO's.

The strange thing is, I'm really an Omega guy. I have had and still have several SMP's, Aqua Terra's, a Railmaster and a Speedmaster Date. But I never looked twice at the PO for some reason, Too modern for me, I thought. Untill last week. Suddenly I had to have it. Of course, all of the conversations I've had with DrB didn't help either..:lol:

So Trevor's the guy to go to. First thing I will do when I get it, is swap the movement for a Tissot 2824 I have laying around. I was wondering: If I get the cheapy, with the 4813 movement, will I be able to swap the movement with an 2824, without dial or hands issues? Or do I have to buy the A2824?

Thnx guys!

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
Get the 2824 you will have hands etc issues

Boneventura

Known Member
16/12/11
In my experience you always sell a franken under the cost price, if you descide to sell. Especially when you count all the WRONg parts you buy along the way, and the parts you wont use because they're not good enough. And if you need a watchmaker to do all your modding like me. Maybe a guy like jmb or Sneed can make a business of if, but I'm way too clumsy.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
;) Cheers for the 2254, it's a cracker. ....PO's....stay away from them, they are bad news, nothing good will come of it! :D

For the price, try them and you'll get an idea if it fits well, sits right on the wrist etc. Go with the clone, can easily sell it later for little loss. As said above the dg48 is fine but go with the clone for later modding. tbh with the Wiz lume job and if the sunny crystals come through, it will look amazing with 150 euro of mods/parts added to it.