• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newly purchase Utlimate PO with issues

cheea

Horology Curious
20/3/06
Just got a the new 45mm PO with Swiss movement. It arrived with a badly scratched bazel and a pok mark just below the pearl. Dealer has offer to send new bezel insert.

Another issue : The date wheel is not properly aligned in the window. It has a white border in the right side of the window. So when the date shows 10 it appear 10 I .

Here is my question. Do I ask the dealer to send me a new watch. If not can this issue be fixed easliy?

Your comments appericated.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Pictures will be greatly appreciated. If it's a minor flaw, I would suggest you may want to fix it yourself. If not, do not wear the watch and ask the seller for shipping return address. Please ask the dealer first without using negative tone.

cheea

Horology Curious
20/3/06
Negative Tone ! U kidding me right ..... If it was negatitive I would put the dealers name on the post.
Only asking for advice from members... clearly not getting it from you.... Now that is a nagatitive tone Tak-san.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
not that I think in negative way but too many members (noobs especially) getting to harsh with dealers. I am sorry if my post offended you but just my opinion, since the watch is brand new, exchanging it with new piece would be the way to go.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
PS: If I am not mistaken, I know the dealer by reading your previous post.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
cheea said:
Only asking for advice from members... clearly not getting it from you.... Now that is a nagatitive tone Tak-san.

I thought he gave good advice. Geeesh, some people.

Snrubb

Known Member
23/3/07
cheea said:
Negative Tone ! U kidding me right ..... If it was negatitive I would put the dealers name on the post.

You are new around here as am I, except I am not dumb enough to be a dick to someone trying to help.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
cheea said:

If this is how you have talked or will talk to the dealer then maybe all I can say is: good luck.

Come to think of it, buy a timex and get out of the reps....

The rep business does not need your little money and surely not attitude...

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
Just like Takashi said....try post a pic to show us the problem. The Bezel could be a easy fix but the date alignment is a different story cuz you need to open the case, remove movement....etc.

try no to wear the watch until a definite solution is reach.

* just a side note: IMO,I don't think Taka is trying to say anything offensive or make you sound bad, he just love the community and try to take care the new member(s) here. To be fair, I must say your original post is polite and reasonable.

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
cheea said:

I really didn't think Taka deserved a reply like this.

Taka's one of the nicest, most knowledgeable and helpful guys on the forum.

He was just giving some good advice.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i am sure you are upset about the watch and since this is the internet we don't here a tone of voice to put with the words we are reading so sometimes it makes it difficult to tell how something is being said to you and vice versa.

i know taka is a great guy with loads of info for anybody that asks and i know you are upset about your new watch so lets start over.

since the watch has an internal problem i would ask your dealer for a repair or replacement unless you have some body that can easily fix it for you. if it were only the bezel insert it would be an easy fix for most.

i hope this helps, marc

Renowned Member
19/10/06
I think the PO is a great watch, but with reps, you have to be ready for thinks not being perfect all the time.

rainguy

22/3/06
I read cheea's original post, the one that started this thread, 3 times. I can't detect even a hint of what could be called a "negative tone". Instead, the tone is matter-of-fact and straightforward. He says, in language about as neutral as possible: Hey guys, this is the watch I got, these are the flaws/problems, what do you think should I do? Period. Not only does he not criticize the dealer, he doesn't even name him. Cheea is simply trying to draw on the wisdom born of experience from some of the DS's senior members about how best to deal with what seems a moderate-to-significantly flawed watch. And, as usual, several members immediately jump him, claws fully extended.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Nobody likes a rep that arrives in poor condition, but at least the dealer is willing to do something about it.
Would you rather of had the dealer just not reply to you and run off with your money? It is not the dealer's fault! It could have become damaged during shipping, or many times, what happens is the dealer doesn't ever see the watch that is shipped to you.

Take it easy with what you say, cause we are all rep lovers here, and we have no negative intentions, only the intention to help out our community members. I would not speak to another member that way, who is only trying to help you.

pete2528ca

Renowned Member
14/1/07
no one said he had a negative tone. all takashi was saying was if you email the dealer do not use a negative tone. shit its pretty obvious. in my oppinion the dude that started this thread needs to email takashi an appology for being such a little girl, (no offence intended to any little girls).

rheemteam

17/3/06
What has Cheea done wrong? He simply points out that he has a couple of issues with his new watch and wants some opinions from experienced members here and you guys jump him. I think it is a bunch of crap. All he wanted was a little info on how to handle the situation. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

cheea

Horology Curious
20/3/06
I now see how this all got out of hand. My post was for help and Tak did give the advice. Reading back on his post, he had advice that I speak to the dealer in a polite tone. I had taken Tak's post to mean that my post had negative tones. A mistake on my part and apology to Tak for my remarks.......Hope it clears it all up...