• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newest AP ROO models!

Imaknockov

18/1/11
The Arnold model looks to have a different case design/lugs than the regular ROO; I think that might be more problematic than a see-through caseback.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
The Arnold model looks to have a different case design/lugs than the regular ROO; I think that might be more problematic than a see-through caseback.
What is more problematic about it? The EOD also has got a different lug style (the old ROO lug style)

Imaknockov

18/1/11
What is more problematic about it? The EOD also has got a different lug style (the old ROO lug style)

Perhaps I should've chosen my words better. I just think that from a bean-counting perspective that it may not be the best choice to invest in the tooling of a rep a watch case that can only be used for one model. At least with the Millenary, they can get 3 different watches with the same basic parts.

But of course, we never really know what the rep factories will decide to do. Myself, I'm still hoping that they'll find a suitable material to replicate forged carbon... Hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Looking at all these godly good looking watches make me feel I want to cry a little over the fact that they are so far off in price for a "normal" budget...

Well, to sooth my mind I think of all the possible reps that might come out this year :)

Damn you AP for creating such sexy beasts, looks close to perfection and put many other brands to shame when it comes to finish in every area.
Movements look frikkin amazing if you ask me :p

@Edge, good thinking about the CAD files now we "only" need the proper measures!

cheers,
Jiddy

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
@Edge, good thinking about the CAD files now we "only" need the proper measures!

For the proper measure I would suggest to use a regular SS ROO case, for the forged carbon cases we would have to use the SS case as a donor. So dimensions should be the same. And the differences are small between a carbon case and the SS/Ti case.

They will be noticeable, but hey, we're still talking about reps here...