• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie to RWI

bulls87

Do not accept unsolicited offers
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/10/22
Hi everyone,

First of all, glad to be here! I’ve been told many great things revolving around RWI for some time by friends, and I’ve taken it upon myself to join.

The site is great and really easy to navigate!

I’ve never purchased 2nd hand reps before, but looking through the Sale section, I’m pretty excited to get a good second hand deal.

Thanks

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
party GIF

Reactions: bulls87

bulls87

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/10/22
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
Lost of things to discover and learn here, if you haven't already, take your time to read the stickies in the New members area and generally in all other sections, you'll find useful info and some rules to follow.
If you intend to be active m2m especially, there's some requirements you should be aware of or you risk to piss of the goat and make yourself a name to keep away from.
But don't worry, take your time and all will he good and if you need anything just shout out, happy to help anytime!
Enjoy.

bulls87

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/10/22
Hi and welcome!
Lost of things to discover and learn here, if you haven't already, take your time to read the stickies in the New members area and generally in all other sections, you'll find useful info and some rules to follow.
If you intend to be active m2m especially, there's some requirements you should be aware of or you risk to piss of the goat and make yourself a name to keep away from.
But don't worry, take your time and all will he good and if you need anything just shout out, happy to help anytime!
Enjoy.
Thank you Feefo!

That’s right, I’m just getting confident with it when I can. I have just seen a pop up that mentioned something about a scammer, so slightly nervous about using the M2M myself right now.

I certainly don’t want to piss if the goat, there’s loads at the local farm and they are ruthless. True savages of an animal.

Thanks again for the kind words.

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Thank you Feefo!

That’s right, I’m just getting confident with it when I can. I have just seen a pop up that mentioned something about a scammer, so slightly nervous about using the M2M myself right now.

I certainly don’t want to piss if the goat, there’s loads at the local farm and they are ruthless. True savages of an animal.

Thanks again for the kind words.
Yeah, scammers are a sad reality, take a walk in the brig and learn, very instructive. The golden rule is, you have to make your due diligence on who you are dealing with, check his history, look after his posts, is it just a post-whore or does he really contribute, does he have a record of succesful sales or not etc. I must admit I almost fell for it recently, but fortunately asked for advice from some fellow members who highlighted some inconsistencies that opened my eyes. If you do your homework and find a serious seller/purchaser, the only risk remaining is the shipping risk, which you also have (partly) with TD's. Be rational, don't let the craving trigger an impulse buy, and everything should be fine. Ask for advice if you're unsure, and if something's fishy or against the rules, report it to the admins.

bulls87

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/10/22
So the brig is a sort of prison? That’s class! I’ll definitely be taking a peek to see what drama unfolds there.

Well I almost fell myself for a fake TD website. I mistakenly googled them and didn’t pay attention to the URL and how many different sites under that name there were.

Thanks again, I couldn’t feel better about searching a little more now. Greatly appreciated.

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
So the brig is a sort of prison? That’s class! I’ll definitely be taking a peek to see what drama unfolds there.

Well I almost fell myself for a fake TD website. I mistakenly googled them and didn’t pay attention to the URL and how many different sites under that name there were.

Thanks again, I couldn’t feel better about searching a little more now. Greatly appreciated.
You are welcome, watch out, use only RWI's links. Decent members (the majority) do their best watch each other's back here.
Take a peek in the brig, lots of best-selling-level plots unfolding there for sure, and you'll also see how stubborn and stupid some are. It is as entertaining as it is frightening, but a good lesson.
According to roman lore, up to the 18th-19th century when public executions took place, it was seen as a duty by the family patriarch to take his offspring to see the execution and slap his children the moment the head rolled in the basket, in order for that moment to remain brandmarked in them as a lesson for what happens if they go against the law. Visiting the brig has a similar effect if some think this is "just" a forum and he could do whatever he wants because it's not real life. It very much is.

Reactions: bulls87 and dogwood

RoloDexie

Getting To Know The Place
19/4/22
New Hampshire

Yikes! I'm a NOOB too and didn't know about the "brig" until I read this thread. So, I donned my visitor's pass and entered the dungeon where all the _hitbirds are accumulating. My "Leave it to Beaver" world was rocked. Shocked, I must admit, that so many dum-dums have nothing more to do than casting shade. Didn't stay there long...back to unicorns and rainbows for this gent.

bulls87

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/10/22
You are welcome, watch out, use only RWI's links. Decent members (the majority) do their best watch each other's back here.
Take a peek in the brig, lots of best-selling-level plots unfolding there for sure, and you'll also see how stubborn and stupid some are. It is as entertaining as it is frightening, but a good lesson.
According to roman lore, up to the 18th-19th century when public executions took place, it was seen as a duty by the family patriarch to take his offspring to see the execution and slap his children the moment the head rolled in the basket, in order for that moment to remain brandmarked in them as a lesson for what happens if they go against the law. Visiting the brig has a similar effect if some think this is "just" a forum and he could do whatever he wants because it's not real life. It very much is.
I like the idea of watching each other’s back, and the brig amplifies that.

I will definitely be popping a bottle of red tonight and having a delve into the brig.

Cheers Feefo!

Reactions: Feefo