• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie seeking for help :/

richardsong5249

Looking Around
25/8/21
Hello let me introduce myself a bit, I was on RepTime community about a year ago bought a rolex daydate from geektime and i came back to cop second pair. It has been rough for me since that first rolex I got from asking and getting so much help from different users ended up making extremely loud rotor noise making ticking sound so I no longer can use it, and I also got scammed from buying from fake website for jtime (which is obviously my fault and I am still upset to this date 😢 ) I genuinely feel so lost trying to find right information here but i do not wanna give up and want my second piece to work perfectly. So can anyone suggest me any Rolex watch (preferably Daytona or Submariner) with best factory along with TD? Any suggestion will help tremendously. My best wish is to get my hands on the VSF submariner I don't know if that still is on the market this day but I am willing to drop around 500 no more than 800 :/ help a brother out yall any help much appreciated thank youu!

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Welcome aboard. Take a look at the new member section for answers to faq. As far as “who make the best …” you have to do your own research and come up with your own opinions. Try going to google and type in the watch you want and add rwi to search bar. You should get many threads on those watches.

richardsong5249

Looking Around
25/8/21
Thank you so much! I actually went ahead and read it through and found the watch i wanted! It's VSF sub and I found it from geektime the one i used previously

Submariner 41mm 126610 LN Black Ceramic 904L Steel VSF VS3235​

Honestly I am a little skeptical about this and im trying to be cautious this time because the first watch I got from them I can't wear it because of the noise it makes from all the QCs it looked very good I just didn't expect the watch to make the sound and something seems off when i shake it it makes a swirling sound like some part is spinning.
Anyhow do you think its a safe bet to cop this VSF sub from geektime? I am just waiting for them to reply if they are available I contacted through whatsapp didn't purchase from the website

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Geektime is no td here. Plus, there's lots of geektime scam sites around. If you used Google to look up the site you most probably landed on a scam site. Why not just use one of our trusted dealers here? (using the link provided here and nothing else). There's 24 to choose from, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

richardsong5249

Looking Around
25/8/21
Thank you! yea I actually used the link straight from the post in the RepTime sub I am not really familiar with this forum but is that what you meant?

The website is geektime.watch I know exactly what you mean with the scam sites but this is the same site I used for my first watch with same whatsapp is it still a no go? Geektime is on the TD list on the sub im assuming its different with thisi forum???

Last edited:

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I can't speak for other fora but yes, geektime is not qualified as a trusted dealer with rwi. RWI'S TDs can be found here:

If you use RWI'S TDs and have problems, rwi will help members out as far as possible and reasonable. If you use other sources, you are out on your own.
Again, I can't speak for geektime and it's your call with whom you're going to deal, but TDs here are trusted for a reason and you can read extensive reports on each of them from members in the td section.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Dboy123

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Europe
Hello let me introduce myself a bit, I was on RepTime community about a year ago bought a rolex daydate from geektime and i came back to cop second pair. It has been rough for me since that first rolex I got from asking and getting so much help from different users ended up making extremely loud rotor noise making ticking sound so I no longer can use it, and I also got scammed from buying from fake website for jtime (which is obviously my fault and I am still upset to this date 😢 ) I genuinely feel so lost trying to find right information here but i do not wanna give up and want my second piece to work perfectly. So can anyone suggest me any Rolex watch (preferably Daytona or Submariner) with best factory along with TD? Any suggestion will help tremendously. My best wish is to get my hands on the VSF submariner I don't know if that still is on the market this day but I am willing to drop around 500 no more than 800 :/ help a brother out yall any help much appreciated thank youu!
Hi. Did you get scammed by Jtime or did you use a fake Jtime site other than the official Jtime.io? Pretty sure I got scammed using one timeonwrist site so I’m now looking at buying off Jtime.io as it seems to be trusted and reputable going by this forum

Rolexmike69

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/4/22
Louisville KY
Thank you! yea I actually used the link straight from the post in the RepTime sub I am not really familiar with this forum but is that what you meant?

The website is geektime.watch I know exactly what you mean with the scam sites but this is the same site I used for my first watch with same whatsapp is it still a no go? Geektime is on the TD list on the sub im assuming its different with thisi forum???

I went to the Trusted Dealer section. I only use the websites that are listed there. Googling on your own could lead to disaster. I think you hear the rotor spinning in your watch. Ask a watchmaker or someone that fixes issues with watches on RWI to help.
As far as TD’s go, I used intime and toro bravo direct from the trusted dealer section and had amazing luck. I hope you get the same outcome as I did. Good luck!!!

Reactions: P..DR..D

Dboy123

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Europe
Hi All. Ordered gmt from Jtime.io….absolutely bristling service, the watch is excellent quality and could t be any happier with it to be honest…will defo purchase again from Li

Dboy123

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Europe
Hi All. Ordered gmt from Jtime.io….absolutely bristling service, the watch is excellent quality and could t be any happier with it to be honest…will defo purchase again from Li
Typo..Absolutely brilliant service, and couldn’t be any happier with how it all went