• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie Question about POs

rxgremlin

Looking Around
4/9/06
I have read By-Tor's excellent newbie guide to Omegas but I wanted to know if there were any exterior differences between the 42.5mm ETA and the Asian 21J. Is the Asian model a 4th generation? I am strongly considering buying the $108 model from Trusty but if more experienced members have a better idea I'm all ears.

J

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
I believe you would be happy with trusty po

not bad for a first rep..

after been around awhile

can easy move up to higher priced spread..

as for looks - nobody knows better than you...

look at pic of gen, then of trusty, then decide..

usual suspects are that movements are put in same watch.. movement

makes difference in price...

otherwise same... is like submariner, different movements, different prices,
same watch..

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
By-Tor's guide is a good reference for noobs and experienced buyers alike. I think the best value there is for the PO is the 45m version that JOSH and Andrew are offering it's ETA and one of the most accurate reps out there. Take a look at Josh's comparison with his gen, its astonishing how close this piece is. If the 45m size doesn't scare you it is the PO to get.

Sean K

rxgremlin

Looking Around
4/9/06
Sean,

Thanks for the info but I can't wear a 45mm, its too big for me. I e-mailed Andrew and he said that with the 42.5mm, the case and bracelet are different between the Asian and the ETA.

I would like to keep the price down if possible but I'll pay more if I can get a more accurate looking 42.5 mm PO.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
rxgremlin said:
Sean,

Thanks for the info but I can't wear a 45mm, its too big for me. I e-mailed Andrew and he said that with the 42.5mm, the case and bracelet are different between the Asian and the ETA.

I would like to keep the price down if possible but I'll pay more if I can get a more accurate looking 42.5 mm PO.

No question... get the 4th Gen. The clasp isn't great (it's a bit loose) but other than that... great rep. I'm planning to get the black 45mm version... but will definitely keep the 4th Gen.

You probably read this too?
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4466

Lume shot I took today. Dirty shot... but lume is great:
IMG_3679.jpg

Still not convinced? ;)

rxgremlin

Looking Around
4/9/06
By-Tor,

I did see your post, that lume is awesome. Do you happen to know what the deal is with WO-Mart's "5th" generation? How does it compare to the 4th? So many generations to learn about.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
eta or asian 21j is a big big difference....

I bought josh's "ultimate po" 45.5mm and I love it.

spend the extra $$ on a watch with a trusty, no pun intended, dealer, you will not regret it

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Wo-marts 5th gen PO is the same watch trusty is selling as the 4th gen...Absoloutely amazing watch, feels great works great and looks great. If you want my opinion pay the extra premium for trusty. Great service. Just my 2 cents.

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I never did go with the later versions of the PO. Just couldn't get my eyes off the low placed omega logo. To each, their own...I just would never have placed the logo so damn low. 2nd generation for me.

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Looks like the '12' is located too far to one side....maybe the angle of the picture?? Yes the logo is located on the picture you show, in the correct position. I have seen alot of the newer generations with the logo almost on top of the 'Omega' and often times, crooked. I just prefer the logo between the omega and the 12...evenly spaced.

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Look at the omega symbol on the pic you sent. and then look at the top most marker......lloks like is the 12 not centered???? Like I said, the angle may make it look that way. MAybe it would look different if the hands were not in the way???