• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie first purchase error - advice needed please!!

Chopsi786

Looking Around
25/8/22
Rolex Batman 126710BLNR 'Clean V2'

Hello, I am new to RWI and would really appreciate some advice. In hindsight should have joined this forum before I made my first purchase but you live and learn!!

I have very recently purchased a
Rolex Batman 126710BLNR 'Clean V2' from 'time on wrist'. When I started wearing it I discovered a few issues that I needed some expert advice on the following points:

1) Text on the dial reading GMT Master II text doesn't seem as white as it should be and is more of a grey colour - is it just my imagination?!
2)The bezel rotation is very very stiff and requires a lot of force to turn, particularly around the 2pm hour marker.
3) When I adjust the hour hand the gmt hand moves in a very strange way when it clicks on the hour - is this normal?

These are not the issues I would have expected from a "super clone" costing $518. Am I being paranoid or are these issues normal?

I have raised with the seller and he disagrees with my points and told me to go on the RWI forum to get opinions from professional watch collectors. I purchased by credit card and don't know if I have any buyer protection whatsoever.

If I had known that these would be the problems then wouldnt have bought this watch. To be honest communication from the seller has been excellent and the only disagreement is the points raised above. This is the link to the watch but seller said he sent me the clean v2 which is the better model:

When I asked his why the QC pics didn't match the watch I was given he said that he'd sent me the updated version.

Would really appreciate your advice and happy to post videos of that helps. Sorry for the long post and looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.
Dial picture

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Welcome, unfortunately this wasn’t from one of our TDs and as you say, the watch you received is different from the QC pictures you were sent. If a return and refund is possible I’d go that way, but it’s risky as he’s not a TD. As for buyer protection, I can’t image “hello bank, I’d like a chargeback for the illegal goods I just bought” would go down well. Perhaps you could approach a rep friendly watch maker to service your watch to rectify the issues.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Chopsi786

Looking Around
25/8/22
Welcome, unfortunately this wasn’t from one of our TDs and as you say, the watch you received is different from the QC pictures you were sent. If a return and refund is possible I’d go that way, but it’s risky as he’s not a TD. As for buyer protection, I can’t image “hello bank, I’d like a chargeback for the illegal goods I just bought” would go down well. Perhaps you could approach a rep friendly watch maker to service your watch to rectify the issues.
Hello, thank-you for your prompt reply and will follow up on contacting the seller. Agree contacting the credit card company wont be the best course of action and most likely won't support. Silly mistake on my part. Thanks again.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
OP - if it really is a Clean v2 that is not a bad outcome. Post some decent photos (clean the lens first?) and explain in more detail the "problem" with the gmt hand. Also have a look on youtube to see how to set a GMT - it is not straightforward until you have done it a few times. Sending it back for a refund is not usually a good idea - if it is only the bezel that is ultimately the problem, you'd be much better getting a watchsmith to sort it out.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Chopsi786

Looking Around
25/8/22
OP - if it really is a Clean v2 that is not a bad outcome. Post some decent photos (clean the lens first?) and explain in more detail the "problem" with the gmt hand. Also have a look on youtube to see how to set a GMT - it is not straightforward until you have done it a few times. Sending it back for a refund is not usually a good idea - if it is only the bezel that is ultimately the problem, you'd be much better getting a watchsmith to sort it out.
Thanks Enduser. I'm not sure it if is a clean v2 - the seller says it is. The caseback had an ironman sticker which I think the v2s have. I know how to set the GMT have previously owned a genuine GMT Master II 116710LN (which I regretfully sold during the pandemic).

When adjusting the time the hour hand moves by 30 minute intervals the GMT hand also moves but in a juddering way and not smoothly - it's very hard to explain without showing a video. Have posted pics but can't get my mobile to take decent up close shots. Thanks.
https://clickpix.org/images/zYRjEE.jpg
https://clickpix.org/images/zYfMlv.jpg