• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Zénith

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Such a shame, it's all wrong.
They should have used a different movement...maybe the same used in the latest rolex daytona.

But after all this is a watch I would buy gen with no second thought.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Have been longing for a good rep of this and this is not it, it's all wrong.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
To add insult to injury, they ask over $500 for this.....

shadysimoon

Known Member
6/1/20
U.E.

Same mouvement: A7750 valjoux 28800 bph
Same dimension ..
In 2018 ? ? !
I'm afraid of being right...

today in 2020 I’m expecting a model like a defy
or a limited edition

shadysimoon

Known Member
6/1/20
U.E.
[]why does this brand not deserve a little respect?
i am agree with you...Zénith don't deserve à good movement as soon as a rolex ? ?
I have 2 generation Zenith ... for nothing in the world I will not exchange them for a rolex .. even with fucking diamonds stuck in its bottom of the box ..

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Such a shame, it's all wrong.
They should have used a different movement...maybe the same used in the latest rolex daytona.

But after all this is a watch I would buy gen with no second thought.

Can you or someone that knows elaborate on why it is all wrong please? Honestly I have had my eye out for one of these for years, but I have no idea of what the flaws would be and if I could live with them or not.

Thanks

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Can you or someone that knows elaborate on why it is all wrong please? Honestly I have had my eye out for one of these for years, but I have no idea of what the flaws would be and if I could live with them or not.

Thanks

The list of flaws is too long, I will focus on the major ones :D

Thickness, gen is 12.5mm, rep is 15mm
Subdial position and size
Date window position and recessed date wheel
Hour Markers missing at 3 and 9 o clock

Reactions: King of Coffee

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
The list of flaws is too long, I will focus on the major ones :D

Thickness, gen is 12.5mm, rep is 15mm
Subdial position and size
Date window position and recessed date wheel
Hour Markers missing at 3 and 9

Thanks for the visual...
I'll pass. For me, I think I could live with the wrong subdials & even the missing hour markers @ 3 & 9 but 15 vs 12.5 & the sunken date window....yucky...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hmm
Thinking about this some more. I am not going to buy, but I do think it is interesting how our perception changes based on what we know about the gen. Just a week ago my perception of Zenith EL Primero was always "hey that is a nice looking watch, I wish they repped it." I looked briefly on TD sites etc and even in this area of the forum and the consensus was always that the older ones out there weren't any good and nothing new for ages so I just sort of dismissed it. Just like many non RWI people, I wasn't acutely aware of the details and when I came across it on Andrews site I thought, "maybe I'll pick one of those up, it looks decent." I'll bet most non watch geeks think that about just about every rep. They have no idea, nice or crap and neither did I. I will say that recessed date window looks like crap. The more watches I come across the more I am aware that I really like 11-13mm thick watches better than 14-17mm watches. For a long time anything over 15 is an immediate no go for me, but I think it is even creeping down a bit. I really don't like it when rep makers can't get the thickness right. I know there is a reason for this in this one, but it sort of makes me think, why even bother repping it?

Reactions: Horace Derwent

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
If only this is $328...I would have taken one. I can suck it up with the issue of subdial spacing, markers, sunken datewheel and even the 15mm thickness, but not at $528.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
If only this is $328...I would have taken one. I can suck it up with the issue of subdial spacing, markers, sunken datewheel and even the 15mm thickness, but not at $528.

Having said that... I’m so keen on this gen model... 1/10 of the price to scratch the itch...hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
Hmm
Thinking about this some more. I am not going to buy, but I do think it is interesting how our perception changes based on what we know about the gen. Just a week ago my perception of Zenith EL Primero was always "hey that is a nice looking watch, I wish they repped it." I looked briefly on TD sites etc and even in this area of the forum and the consensus was always that the older ones out there weren't any good and nothing new for ages so I just sort of dismissed it. Just like many non RWI people, I wasn't acutely aware of the details and when I came across it on Andrews site I thought, "maybe I'll pick one of those up, it looks decent."..

I second everything you wrote....i really Think that El Primero is one of the watches which will be never be repped correctly, like an A.Lange & Sohne for example....

I mean, it would be impossible to correctly rep an El Primero 400 movement....