• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New watch- Hands not aligned!

FFenberg

Horology Curious
15/2/19
Sweden

Hi all you Watch Masters!

Just received a Watch from TD Puretime and i have nothing but good things to say about their service.

Unfortunately, when i got the watch, the hand wasn’t aligned. Is there any chance that i can fix this on my own with limited or none experience?

I rather avoid sending it back and forward.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Easy fix if you know what you are doing.

You'll need hands removal levers dial protector and set of hand press tools.

Movement need to come out of the case, remove stem , unscrew the movement and uncase it, remove hands and set them correctly.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Whilst it's not hard, you really don't want to be experimenting on your brand new super rep. Either find/buy a shitty watch and practice until you've got it nailed or send it to someone local who knows what they're doing. It's all too easy to fuck your keyless, scratch a dial, bend a hand etc.

Last edited:

thierryjeandrouet

Horology Curious
7/8/19
Don’t really need to remove the hands. Easiest way is to -open case back -remove stem - remove movement and dial -use a wood stick to slightly push the hour hand. Easy fix but you would need some tools and be careful not scratching the dial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

FFenberg

Horology Curious
15/2/19
Sweden
Thanks for the great input.

Don’t feel that i have the right knowledge to sort it out.

Think that i need to send it back to puretime to fix it.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Thanks for the great input.

Don’t feel that i have the right knowledge to sort it out.

Think that i need to send it back to puretime to fix it.

I wouldn't send it back. Because you will have more chances of not getting it back. Find a watchsmith to fix it for you.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Give this a try, grasp it by the band and slam the case side against a solid wood surface, the hands should align perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rx4Time

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I can see that people think that. But so far and from my earlier two watches! puretime hasn’t been nothing than great so i’l wait for their reply!

Pros of sending watches back - it's virtually free (just the postage).

Cons of sending the watch back - it'll probably be 4 months before you get the watch back. If it gets lost en route to them, you lose your watch. It might come back after 4 months with the problem not sorted.

Pros of fixing locally - it'll probably be sorted in a couple of weeks. It will be fixed properly.

Cons of fixing locally - you need to pay ($30 friendly modder, $50-100 watchsmith at a guess). Oascom can perhaps comment on the latter.

I've sent a few watches back for repair and repaired many more locally. Unless it's a big problem (yours isn't), you're probably better of fixing locally.