• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to this world.

Pirado

Horology Curious
10/6/15
Hello everyone!

I am as you can see very new here in this forum and also in this "world". I have always had a big interest in watches but I have had to prioritate other things that is called life. But now I will have time to make this to a real hobby. I love a challenge and I am when it comes to watches extremly vain. I do believe I have made my "homework" pretty well by reading all good startup "tutorials" here and also been reading aprox 1000 sides of forum information about everything when it comes to replica watches. I have of course noticed there are alot of trolls and people that are as soon as they have run into a bad thing they seam to hate it, it is like once you had a samsung and it broke so now all samsung is shit. I know things can fail and I love that challenge to fix and learn.

But why do I make this post? Well, quite simply because all information I can get trough forums are basically do and don'ts but I think I have gotten a pretty good eye on wich ones that I feel brings more to the table then the ones that don't (This is not the only forum I have been reading on). So see this as a general question, no need to bring the obvious about taste and things like that. But - if you were to learn the difference, what kind of watch (ex, a7750) would you start with? Why? Hints?

I would like to have pretty much 3 kinds of watches, in no specific order - 1, a watch to "play" with - fix and test and learn 2, As number 1 but different inside so I can learn about other things. 3, a really really good rep that is basically as authentic you can get. Note - money is not an issue in any of these steps - all I care about is doing it "right".

Thanks in advance :)

With kind regards

D

d4m.test

Welcome along. This is a truly great place to hang out. You clearly have and will continue to learn a lot here. There are a few video's on the old youtube that may help you in your journey. Search for things like 2824 service, or 7750 service. I would say rather than buy three watches, try to pick up a few movements, and maybe one good watch (it will be the start of many). The movements you can work on, play with and generally tinker. The watch to wear and look cool. Go with whatever interests you after you've had a good look around and a read up on the quality, flaws etc of the particular watches that interest you. Oh, and enjoy this hobby :happy-1:

Pirado

Horology Curious
10/6/15
Thanks! :) just for fun - I had a little work trip to Shanghai and bought a few "shitty watches" just to be test pilots. I will start reading guides how to open watches right and handle them with care - but is it easy to see inside wich kind of watch it is? Like 2824 and 7750. Are they marked with these numbers or something else?