• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New to the Rep game and also this forum

CeramicBezel

Horology Curious
9/10/22
Hello everyone, glad to have discovered this forum after hearing so much about super clones like VSF, Clean etc from my friend. I am completely new to the rep game and only own a gen piece couple of years ago, the two tone GMT 116713LN, sold it off and took a break from the timepiece hobby when I was out of job throughout the covid period, thanks for reading my short "life story" hah, anyway I'd like to seek some advice from the experts here, planning to get a VSF piece for the sub starbucks or gmt batman, any recommended trusted dealers and also how's the durability like for VSF pieces considering that it will be my daily beater, any advice will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
First of all, it's a good thing that you have a clear plan on what you want. Stick to it, addiction will set in soon afterwards.
To start, read the stickies in the New members area, all the info and rules to help you make your experience here much better. There's obviously also the community, many members happy to help.
To start researching, you can use Google, by adding "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your query (e.g. VSF batman) you'll get a ton of threads from rwi. (at least for the batman I'd check also the clean factory offering, I think it's a good one either).
What you will not use Google for (never) is looking for TDs, use only RWI'S links in the dedicated section, scam risk in the net is high.
Any td can source you a watch, especially high demand pieces like the ones you mention. So, take your pick. Start by asking for availability, you'll establish a direct contact and have a first feel for the td, if you like it, go on with him.
As for the durability, we talk mainly movement here. It can be a hit and miss game here, some movements are not the highest quality and are sometimes assembled in suboptimal conditions (dirt), but most of the times it's OK, worst case you'll have to service at some point or swap movement if it dies entirely. But also here, I'm not 100% sure, but those high demand models you're looking for should be equipped with fairly decent movements. In the tech section there's a specific subsection on movements you can check out to learn some basics.
What else? Well, have fun, and if there's anything, just shout out.

CeramicBezel

Horology Curious
9/10/22
Hi and welcome!
First of all, it's a good thing that you have a clear plan on what you want. Stick to it, addiction will set in soon afterwards.
To start, read the stickies in the New members area, all the info and rules to help you make your experience here much better. There's obviously also the community, many members happy to help.
To start researching, you can use Google, by adding "...site:forum.replica-watch.info" to your query (e.g. VSF batman) you'll get a ton of threads from rwi. (at least for the batman I'd check also the clean factory offering, I think it's a good one either).
What you will not use Google for (never) is looking for TDs, use only RWI'S links in the dedicated section, scam risk in the net is high.
Any td can source you a watch, especially high demand pieces like the ones you mention. So, take your pick. Start by asking for availability, you'll establish a direct contact and have a first feel for the td, if you like it, go on with him.
As for the durability, we talk mainly movement here. It can be a hit and miss game here, some movements are not the highest quality and are sometimes assembled in suboptimal conditions (dirt), but most of the times it's OK, worst case you'll have to service at some point or swap movement if it dies entirely. But also here, I'm not 100% sure, but those high demand models you're looking for should be equipped with fairly decent movements. In the tech section there's a specific subsection on movements you can check out to learn some basics.
What else? Well, have fun, and if there's anything, just shout out.
Hi there, thanks so much for all the tips and advice, solid guidance right there! You've given me lots of useful information on getting started, I will do more research and also speak to some TD's regarding the pieces that I am aimming for, cheers! glad to have some helpful members in the community indeed :)

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I'm glad if you're glad! Lots of gladitude makes life happier! Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: CeramicBezel