• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New SWF 15510 dials

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
The tone of the green looks gen-like but seem lacks sunburst. Not sure about the tapassiere.

Look forward to better pictures.

Kettle1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
Have some better photos of the SWF for 15500 R0. IMO Tapasserie construction is closest I have seen to gen dials and sunburst is next level.

Whats your thoughts on these?

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
Have some better photos of the SWF for 15500 R0. IMO Tapasserie construction is closest I have seen to gen dials and sunburst is next level.

texture and sunburst look better than DP

zerodreamy

29/6/23
Canada

Any more photos or videos of these dials? I don't see this getting very much talk but it could be very intriguing and great if done right.

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
I think DP seems to look better. Sunblast is too weak on sw

zerodreamy

29/6/23
Canada
I think DP seems to look better. Sunblast is too weak on sw
I don't think there are enough photos to make a definitive claim. DP's soleil is often a bit over exaggerated relative to gen. Its tapisserie construction is also on the shallow end to the point that stock dials seem to be more detailed and thoughtful.

From what little there is to see so far for SWF, the colouring seems OK, the tapisserie itself may end up being more pronounced, and even a bit more sunburst is still a marked improvement compared to stock.

We won't really know for sure until we get better quality photos. In the end neither will be identical to gen without the associated cost of production to match.

The most we should hope for is correct colour, accurate tapisserie dimensions, overall similar pantograph. Stock is some of the way there already. In the end maybe DP improves its dials, maybe SWF is actually good enough for most, or continue to run stock that is great value.

zerodreamy

29/6/23
Canada
It has been a bit since we've heard from anyone regarding these. I have reached out to CTime about these dials since I intend to buy one for installation on my own rep. They are excellent vendors.

I'll attach pictures below, given to me by CTime, for those that are curious or want to get one for themselves as well. Supposedly these are going for the same as DP, @Roguetheory. As you can see lighting plays a big role. These look less in your face than DP and more metallic. In these photos it looks more midnight blue.

If you have any more insight on these @Kettle1 please do chime in when you have the chance. On hand photos from various light sources is always best. You can make any dial look good/bad with the right lighting. I can't speak to the construction/build of the piece as what matters most to me is colour and shine closeness.

Cheers guys.

Reactions: VII and Autobús

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It has been a bit since we've heard from anyone regarding these. I have reached out to CTime about these dials since I intend to buy one for installation on my own rep. They are excellent vendors.

I'll attach pictures below, given to me by CTime, for those that are curious or want to get one for themselves as well. Supposedly these are going for the same as DP, @Roguetheory. As you can see lighting plays a big role. These look less in your face than DP and more metallic. In these photos it looks more midnight blue.

If you have any more insight on these @Kettle1 please do chime in when you have the chance. On hand photos from various light sources is always best. You can make any dial look good/bad with the right lighting. I can't speak to the construction/build of the piece as what matters most to me is colour and shine closeness.

Cheers guys.

The color of the dial does look good. The issues I have with the SW 15500 dial, is always the quality and alignment of the "Audemars Piguet" wording. The S in particular is always offset against the R and the printing in particular looks wrong. Not every piece is like that though, you need stringent QC to find a nice one, but the prevalance of a good dial is way less than 10% of the total I have seen.

Reactions: VII and serumdiesel

zerodreamy

29/6/23
Canada
The color of the dial does look good. The issues I have with the SW 15500 dial, is always the quality and alignment of the "Audemars Piguet" wording. The S in particular is always offset against the R and the printing in particular looks wrong. Not every piece is like that though, you need stringent QC to find a nice one, but the prevalance of a good dial is way less than 10% of the total I have seen.

I agree, even as someone that does not spend too much time around these pieces, on close inspection you can see that there are differences in this text. To me 90% of the dial is colour accuracy under most if not all conditions. This is simply my preference. I love colour and will happily make concessions elsewhere.

With that in mind, I have two questions based on what you've written here:

1. If you have experience with these dials firsthand, how do you find the shine to be under natural light?
2. When you mention "stringent QC" is the implication that you'd be rather harsh on incoming dials from vendors/sources before finally approving one that (hopefully) is 90+ percentile?

Thanks.