• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Speedy

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Saw this earlier at the AD. Not quite as pretty as the real moonie, but very repable. Wide subdials with seconds at 9, its just asking for it....
Having said that, I don't think the factories are generally interested in the speedmaster. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a good rep.
I hope this model is not to replace the current moonie models, other wise I going to have to buy one of those !
31130445101002-20.png

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
There is zero chance that will replace the Moonwatch in the Omega line. It's not a bad looking watch though! I just can't get over the size difference of the autos vs. the professional. That small amount is a deal-breaker for me. :(

dan_j

5/11/10
I agree that it's not as pretty but it is impossible to rep it since the movement has 12 hour chronograph at 3 o'clock that has both hour and minute hands. Same problem with the new PO's. They practically made it impossible to rep any of their new lines.

Daniel

Daniel

Known Member
17/10/10
Yeah, I only noticed the second hand on the 3 o'clock subdial on this one and the new PO recently. Regarding its size it 44mm and really looks more like a 42 mm in person, not a huge difference.

"it is impossible to rep it since the movement has 12 hour chronograph at 3 o'clock "

That is probably true. The cost of reping such a movement which can only be used for Omegas just wouldn't make sense.

I agree that it's not as pretty but it is impossible to rep it since the movement has 12 hour chronograph at 3 o'clock that has both hour and minute hands. Same problem with the new PO's. They practically made it impossible to rep any of their new lines.

Daniel