• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Selhor "Vintage Diver"- impressed!

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Wanted to shed some light on this microbrands surprisingly good bang for buck. Selhor has been making watches out of France for quite some time, felsa, ETA... Now rebadged with a nicely regulated quiet Miyota 9015 in this particular top end model. Retails for $650+-, I got my hands on one for under a bill. Seems 250$ is the price point on the bay etc.

Got tired of chasing the perfect sub rep, after the arf 16610... Got tired of Seiko turtles, got nutty over Russian divers. This is the first thats hit the wrist and I'm able to keep on my budget.

Quick first impression perks:
Nice thin 11-12mm 42x46mm cushion case with no end links, vintage style comfortable on a smaller wrist.

Miyota 9015 gained 5 secs this week, consistent readings +5-10 0.0m/s so far, impressive. Band has funky solid links with gaps with no purpose other than keep the wrist dry and look vintage. Fliplock clasp, feels like vintage TAG. Solid backplate with nice decoration. No need to show off a workhorse like so many microbrands do. Plus IMHO. I didn't choose the PVD, but it works.
The website is classy, 3d views and unboxing videos. Speaking of which, box weighs about a pound fully stitched soft leather, suede lined interior suede pillow. Not that that matters but Its nice getting a watch not in a brown box and ziploc.
200m resistance, thick faceted crystal and applied markers with great lume. Vintage style markers and hands like the 70's models. Simple, comfortable, quality. Probably made in China- but we've seen the cartels do wonders. The other "Diver 05" can be had for under a bill any day, retails for 250, looks nice but I'm not buying to find out. Swiss quartz 200m.
Attaching some pics in action. Goin to beat the hell out of it daily for a month and revisit the accuracy and durability.

Health to all, much love RWI. Wanted to pop my head up.

Reactions: Hec

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Forgot, "fakalite" bezel glass overlay- nice vintage touch- lume underneath. Crown not too big, big enough to screw tight.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
So, a month in still a consistent +5 in all positions, been swimming dishwashed beaten abused worn hard. Cudos, from China via France w Japanese parts w love.

Recommended, gave up my search for Yema because of the hit or miss QA-and the "in house" new calibers being hated on all over the net.

Note the singed off hairs surrounding it, I go for rock solid. ONLY nitpick thus far are the true vintage style (or Chinese) pins in the bracelet. Snap in with a satisfying click, although. Tapers from 20mm to a nice 18. PVD wasn't first choice but scratched and dinged and no chips or steel showing yet.

Good health, RWI. Cheers.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
What a beautiful night. On the clock, watch keeping time to the tick for another month solid, want to unscrew the crown for fun.

Somebody lend me a slingshot
Happy days.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
Continued daily wear, hard wear. Spray with dish hose, shower, swim, flames wear. Still holding steady time from day one. Been a while since a mid-range microbrand has won my heart and done right by me without fail- OR a million reviews and recommendations.

Noise on the reading -hood vents and gyroscopic movement of the wrist, stays within 5 in all positions. Good job Selhor/Miyota.

Knxvlln

Certified
14/5/20
United States
This watch is taking a serious tool watch kitchen beating, has my heart. Can't feel it on the wrist, stays in the minute each month. Snatch one if you can for under 200$, wont be disappointed. Noticing more little "vintage" details with time. Curve of the case, band comfort .. bezel used daily and still tight clicks w no back play. Color of lume, etc etc.