• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Seamaster

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
am i missing something? i thought it was available? check WBK's section?

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Thats the new version of the normal seamaster, not the GMT. Red lettering and co-axial movement. Looks better in my opinion, I am waiting for this one too.....BUT PLEASE FIX THE He VALVE!

Panama

10/9/06
Yeah, fix the He Valve and the Bezel-Pearl. If its done I`m in for another SMP.
ETA 2892-2 would be nice too, but not nescessary. My 2824 runs like a chronometer.

Cheers
Panama

HiDef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/06
pelotudo said:
Even the gens have datewheel problems eh :shock: [smilie=cussing.gif]

huh?? you mean date is off centered? I am waiting for the rep of the red text Chrono Diver :p

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
HiDef said:
pelotudo said:
Even the gens have datewheel problems eh :shock: [smilie=cussing.gif]

huh?? you mean date is off centered? I am waiting for the rep of the red text Chrono Diver :p

Yeah the 8 seems to be a little high, touching even.

HiDef

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/06
I thinks we are so anal about this, but there was a post before of expensive gen watches with really bad date wheel placing. After seeing those pics, it kinda does not bother me that much anymore.

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
I simply don't understand, how anyone would pay thousands for a gen with a misaligned datewheel; much less how that misaligned datewheel got out of the gens' factory in the first place.

I understand the reasoning behind a rep with this flaw, but for a gen to have a visual discrepancy like this would make me walk out of the store trying to sell it.

Pfft, FTT.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
as for misalign '8' on genuin pic...

heck, what u espek for ony $2000.00?

:lol: :p :shock: :D 8)

pdraycott

Looking Around
5/1/07
Still noone has this watch in stock yet. any idea when a rep may become available?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
No idea but if you are dreaming of replica Co-Axial movement, your dream may not come true anytime soon :p

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Some hi rez pics to stir up more craving and demand....we need this watch!

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
SMP really is an amazing watch. If I didn't have the good old stock rep I'd buy the gen. The preowned Bond Seamasters aren't that expensive. You can find a good one in $1K - $1.2K range. This new version has a Co-Axial movement which increases the price and has a lower beat rate (which is a minus in my book). I like the smoother sweep on the old models.

All in all... it's absolutely a classic watch which has stood the test of time.

mans_7266

Known Member
26/12/06
I don't know what a co-axial movement is and how this may add to the watch complexity...is there any link on this thread where i can leanr the basics about it? (used the search unsuccesfully)