• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New seamaster bezel question

d12bn

27/7/06
Just got my new Seamaster and the bezel turns clock wise a little. Just a little. Its a ETA GMT model.

Is this normal?

BlueFin

15/3/06
It should only turn counter clockwise. The clicker pin should prevent it from turning clockwise.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
BlueFin said:
It should only turn counter clockwise. The clicker pin should prevent it from turning clockwise.

Are you sure about the GMT? I think it should have bi-directionally rotating bezel. At least Rolex GMT should.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
By-Tor said:
Are you sure about the GMT? I think it should have bi-directionally rotating bezel. At least Rolex GMT should.
The Omega GMT has a uni-directional Bezel as it doesn't have the 24-hour track on it. It's still supposedly for divers.

d12bn

27/7/06
moves

Maybe it don't turn but it moves about a 1/16 or so. No other watch I have wiggles, moves or turns to the right.

Just trying to find out if this is normal with this rep.

Thanks

roadcarver

Known Member
29/7/06
bezel

Perhaps the bezel isn't tight. The SMP GMT from Trusty has no play - only turned CCW for me.

DuDro

3/8/06
Re: bezel

roadcarver said:
Perhaps the bezel isn't tight. The SMP GMT from Trusty has no play - only turned CCW for me.

Hey roadcarver...

I noticed a Breitling in your avatar. Do you have a rep Chrono Avenger? If so, does your watch suffer from a loose bezel? Please let me know...Thanks!

d12bn

27/7/06
Bezel movement

Well I'm not happy with the bezel slop on my new GMT ETA Seamaster. When you turn the bezel to the left until you feel a click and stop, then you can turn it back to the right about 1/16 to 1/8 inch. It will not turn further right but you can wiggle it left and right without clicking at that point. To me it just feels cheap. The dealer I bought it from says thats normal. The few responses I have here say its not.

Just looking for more feed back from people that bought one before I decide what to do. If this is normal thats cool.

The watch is great other wise and is keeping great time.

Thanks for your comments

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
1/16-1/7 of an inch? Your clicks shouldn't even be that far. Many rep bezels are loose, is it common yes. There are a few posts on here on how to stiffen your bezel up.

d12bn

27/7/06
bezel

I've seen posts on how to realign the Seamaster bezel but none on tightening.

I'll look