• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Seamaster 007 Special Edition

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I am thinking about this one from Perfectclones. Any feedback on it would be appreciated. It looks pretty darn good to me. Thanks all.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Is there a watch there? LOL, I can't stop looking at you avatar, very nice, and yea yea buy the watch LOL. :D

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I'm thinking about buying one just for the case.

qwert750

Horology Curious
28/7/06
I don't know if it's just me, but when I saw a gen at an AD the swirl pattern seemed more subtle than the way it appears on the rep...

I wish they would take the movement from this watch and put it in the GMT w/ display back!

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
could that just be photos dont show it like it is, or did
your have rep in hand to compare with gen?

K

qwert750

Horology Curious
28/7/06
Unfortunately not - simply going by memory. Could easily be that the magnification on the rep pics makes it more pronounced. Although I think I recall a similar commentary offered by someone on one of these forums a while back...

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
pardon, but commentary that does not match rep
or pictures are bad..
or is different than gen but looks good
or is different than gen and looks bad..

basically, looking to see if any knows if rep
is nice on wrist..

cheers
k

qwert750

Horology Curious
28/7/06

This is my first attempt to upload a picture - I hope it works. This is a gen pic from the web that looks like the one I saw in person. To me, the gen swirl pattern is less pronounced. I'm not sure what you meant from your prior post, but I assume something the original poster cares about is whether or not it looks like the gen.

Klink

Banned
15/3/06
pic worked fine!
i think you are right about original poster..
but for me i think i will be happy with rep..
and have not heard much negatives about dial..

Thanks for your help!

Life is good!
Klink

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
A couple of gen pics and a cool new one (unrelated)

I guess the angle of the picture and lighting and zoom would all affect the appearance of the swirl on the dial

check out this all 18K gen I found in my search for 007 pics

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Plus the reps bezel is too bright of a blue. change with a good insert and the dial will look more subtle. the 007 smp dial i got (regular) looked like crap until I got the bezel insert. 100% improvement.

glitch

Known Member
20/3/06
BLUE GMT 007

you are much, much better off with the regular blue GMT. the 007 version is ugly.