• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New rubber straps for my PO's and SMP's

petemoss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/10
I recently tried a rubber strap on my PO and really liked it. The Planet Ocean is a thick, heavy chunk of metal and with a heavy SS bracelet, I'm always aware of it. With a rubber strap, I hardly notice it. This is the blue rubber strap I got on ebay from a seller in Texas. No logos or printing, just a sterile strap that the seller said would fit the PO. It fits my SMP as well as my PO's and was a snap to install. My only complaint is that a lot of dust and specks stick to the soft surface.

DSCN1661.jpg

Next I got a black rubber strap from Naarika in the UK. Right away I could see that the rubber (silicone?) was different - harder and smoother. This strap stays clean looking and feels great. I put it on my new PO from ReplicaMake and have been wearing it ever since. It doesn't cling to my wrist and sure feels good in this hot weather. Naarika's strap has all the logos on the strap and buckle.

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

The Naarika strap was a bitch to install! I tried for nearly a half hour and nearly gave up. The damn springbar pins couldn't reach the lug holes no matter how hard I pushed and grunted. Finally, I had a moment of clarity and decided to stop trying to install the rubber the same way as a steel bracelet. I turned the strap 90 deg, found the bottom hole with the pin and compressed the top pin. Voila! It was in! Now how to straighten the strap without popping the springbar out. I figured it out finally.

DSCN1667.jpg

I still waiting for a strap bought on ebay from a fella in Singapore. From the looks of the strap holes, it will be the same as my blue sterile strap only with logos (Seamaster but not Planet Ocean).

petemoss

16/12/10
Robbo73, thanks for the pics of the Narikaa strap in your post. Best version, in my opinion.

petemoss

16/12/10
If it is the same one I bought, you should like it.

I just got the strap from Singapore and yes, I believe it's the same one as your pic. It says "Seamaster" but not Planet Ocean and it seems to be made of the harder smoother silicon that stays clean. This band installed easily and fits my SMP without gaps. The Planet Ocean band I got from Narikaa looks closer to the gen band, but this Singapore band is also a good one.