• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Rolex's from Silix

Hemi8

Looking Around
13/5/13
Newbee here........Thanks to all the valuable info here, I bought 3 economy Rolex's from Silix, all beautiful! Exceeded my expectations! The movement on one of the Submariners worked when I first received it, but when I went to wear it for the first time 3 days later, it quit working.....won't move at all.......emailed Michele today. Will wait for instructions on what do do. I have faith Michele will take care of it. Anyone had similar defective movements?

cwazy1

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/2/12
i usually just have a few 21J movement laying around to swap out.. its a 20$ movement.. cheaper to just swap it than to send it back to michelle.

Ballface

20/6/12
They're probably out of juice. Try wearing them for a while or hand winding them (unscrew the crown, then rotate the crown clockwise for about 30 full turns).

cwazy1

29/2/12
oh.... yeah you should definitley wind them too... lol..

Hemi8

Looking Around
13/5/13
Newbie to this board, but do know how to wind a Rolex....lol....I wound all 3, and the other 2 are working fine....the other one is dead.......where would I be able to get another 21J?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
.....won't move at all.......emailed Michele today. Will wait for instructions on what do do. I have faith Michele will take care of it. Anyone had similar defective movements?

Yep i bought a IWC Pilot (from Silix) for a friend as he liked mine so much but it wouldn't run for more than 5 or ten minutes then would stop...that was a 21J so it's been sent back. (If i had some spare 21J movements i would probably swap it out too, but i don't so i couldn't) I'm guessing you can get 'em somewhere?

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
.....won't move at all.......emailed Michele today. Will wait for instructions on what do do. I have faith Michele will take care of it. Anyone had similar defective movements?

Yep i bought a IWC Pilot (from Silix) for a friend as he liked mine so much but it wouldn't run for more than 5 or ten minutes then would stop...that was a 21J so it's been sent back. (If i had some spare 21J movements i would probably swap it out too, but i don't so i couldn't) I'm guessing you can get 'em somewhere?

(On a different note, i keep getting "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.") tonight...Is it just me?

Hemi8

Looking Around
13/5/13
I wouldn't have the tools or expertise to swap out the 21J, so hopefully Silix will repair it.........

rsh

3/4/10
One thing to note, some of these basic low end watches have hands that wont fit the typical dg2813 22 jewel movement