• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW RELEASE Sonic RM035 Americas Cup

Stuvetjee

For all your RM Strap and Jewelry needs!
Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
New upcoming release from Sonic. Seems like they used the BBR V2 movement, such a shame. But the case shape looks spot on, screws are good too! Should i order some pieces to put my custom straps on + crowns? 🤔

Three colorways released:

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I think with the advent of the ZF Superclone movement it's better to be patient than to be rushed as there is a better movement.

That being said I don't think this kind of model is popular, so who knows if it will even be released with the new clone movement.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I think with the advent of the ZF Superclone movement it's better to be patient than to be rushed as there is a better movement.

That being said I don't think this kind of model is popular, so who knows if it will even be released with the new clone movement.
And its 40mm, im willing to jump the gun on this.

Reactions: Reaps

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
29/4/22
USA
I love it!!!! Wow. Shame about the movement though. I love these special edition RMs

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Been waiting for a 35 Americas, always loved the way it looked. Despite the movement being the old one it still looks pretty damn good. Just hope they eventually upgrade to the new one or at least the BBR v3 with some new bridging. If one pops up for sale m2m I'll probably end up buying it because I am hopeless.

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Been waiting for a 35 Americas, always loved the way it looked. Despite the movement being the old one it still looks pretty damn good. Just hope they eventually upgrade to the new one or at least the BBR v3 with some new bridging. If one pops up for sale m2m I'll probably end up buying it because I am hopeless.
well... perhaps it got my new strap attached by the time it hits m2m lol.

• Love
Reactions: GiantSquid

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It's nice you're selling your new straps bro but we don't need to hear about it every second post on every forum topic here, cheers
Ouch, you got hurt? Seems a exaggerated comment as im def. not talking about it all the time in every topic. And even in the end ill decide myself what to type or comment.

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Some pictures! and some text:

''The watch case is made of magnesium-aluminum alloy and stainless steel wear-resistant washers to make it lighter. The entire watch case is processed by CNC to ensure that there is no gap between the upper and lower shells and the left and right sides.

The flange is made of black carbon fiber, and the hour markers are coated with homologous fluorescent coating. The flange is treated with diamond carbon (DLC).''

hKUrdj.jpeg

hKUlQc.jpeg

hKUtx4.jpeg

hKUQWI.jpeg

hKUpfX.jpeg

hKUP2i.jpeg

hKUTnb.jpeg

hKUXup.jpeg

hKUkj5.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps and soubido

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I wonder if that's actual MgAl or just a DLC-coated steel. Looks like there's a texture to the case that you probably wouldn't get with DLC but it's inconsistent between the pics and nearly impossible to tell from pictures in the first place.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
Some pictures! and some text:

''The watch case is made of magnesium-aluminum alloy and stainless steel wear-resistant washers to make it lighter. The entire watch case is processed by CNC to ensure that there is no gap between the upper and lower shells and the left and right sides.

The flange is made of black carbon fiber, and the hour markers are coated with homologous fluorescent coating. The flange is treated with diamond carbon (DLC).''

hKUrdj.jpeg

hKUlQc.jpeg

hKUtx4.jpeg

hKUQWI.jpeg

hKUpfX.jpeg

hKUP2i.jpeg

hKUTnb.jpeg

hKUXup.jpeg

hKUkj5.jpeg
The texturing on those ribs is really nice but for the life of me I cannot unsee the mangled screw and scratches on the keyless works lol

• Haha

Stuvetjee

Vendor (Strap Maker)
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Is it Possible to swap movement to BBR v3?
Now thats a good question. I think the “spiderweb” dial legs would not match the V3? Or you mean like a complete movement swap?