• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release - Breitling Superocean 44mm (2022 Release)

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Hont said we will switch it for BLS factory. I don't know if he means he accidentally sourced the 44mm version from TF, or if he just means he will exchange for a replacement at the BLS factory - could be a language translation issue.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
@jj69 I'm not worried about alignment. I would accept based off the 1st set of pics. BUT your second hand isn't green like it should be. It's painted red on the tip like spare parts were used. For me slight misalignment doesn't matter but the green accents help with the personality of that particular watch. Thatwatchguy's BLS 42 posted earlier also had a green second hand as well as trusty time's pics. I would want the green second hand.
Good catch ! I wasn't even aware of that green hand before.

Well, TBH I do not like nitpicking on members' QC pics, but in this case, the addition of this switched hand and possible crooked markers are enough to have doubts about the history of this rep.
I would definitely ask for an other one.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Anyone see any issues with the new QC pics? Last call before I ok them.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I received 2x Pictures of Breitling Superocean 44mm from TF with the lightblue Dial: Both had horrible Allingement Dial to inner Bezel.

Is this a known flaw that i have to live with, or would you ask for a 3rd Watch. Or maybe cancel the order.

I cannot unsee this flaw. And it would cost a lot of Dollares to have it fixed.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I received 2x Pictures of Breitling Superocean 44mm from TF with the lightblue Dial: Both had horrible Allingement Dial to inner Bezel.

Is this a known flaw that i have to live with, or would you ask for a 3rd Watch. Or maybe cancel the order.

I cannot unsee this flaw. And it would cost a lot of Dollares to have it fixed.
Can you post the pics of the watches you rejected? This model is kind of tricky. They're square markers and depending on the angles they could just look misaligned but not really be misaligned. Also, from this factory TF, maybe BLS but not sure, it's possible QC isn't the best so it is definitely possible. I had both the blue and black TF models and while there was some misalignment it shifted depending on viewing angle and wasn't that noticeable on the wrist. You may not "unsee" it in pics but on the wrist it probably won't be that big of a deal. It is a rep after all and the AR is going to be an even bigger "tell" or issue or at least for me it would. You can have a gen with misaligned marker and it will look and feel gen but with AR that is a much bigger issue and is not genlike. TF and BLS are the only reps available for this model (well not BLS for the light blue) so if you like the style and want the Superocean experience it may be your best bet. Also note that the gen light blue dial is supposed to have a gloss blue dial. The TF has a semi matte dial so not the same as gen. Only the orange and green TF models are like the gen orange and green dial models as those have the semi matte dials. I like the reps I had and the bracelet was great on them.

I will have to say if you want to try the light blue dial I am going to plug this that I got from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805602648474.html The dial is very vibrant and 11.00 and knowing what I know having owned the blue and black dial TF versions I would totally get one of these to try 1st in the color you are thinking about getting. If you want more then get the rep. Here is a thread on those. https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/amazing-11-superocean-homage.10959622/#post-11537003. The cheapies have a crystal that is actually more clear because they're flat and just mineral so it just disappears. I got the light blue, orange and green and used the strap on the green on the orange to create a Kelly Slater version on the cheap.

Last edited:

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Can you post the pics of the watches you rejected? This model is kind of tricky. They're square markers and depending on the angles they could just look misaligned but not really be misaligned.

thanky you @ shinynewbling25
Usually i dont upload these PICs here, as RWI dont like it, but here you go. it´s just for my education. I removed all info that could lead to the TD, as it is not my intention to blame anyone.

Sorry my usual Picturehost is down atm :/

Do you agree regarding 9 and 12 o clock markers? on other picures of different angles they are all the sae, so its not just the perspective

Reactions: Valaj

ShaneNJ

Horology Curious
24/12/23
The price is 528 USD, and comes with SW200 movement
Just looked at these and really like them.

atadams77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
28/9/23
I own the turquoise TF 44. I have no complaints or issues about it. I prefered the correct Breitling "B" over the OF. I believe the turquoise gen was only offered in the 44. At least, that's what a boutique employee told me.