• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New raffles build 16610 sub

Raymond

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/8/24
Hi guys ,just received these parts today from raffles, going to be using an eta movement for it. Any help with this build to make it look authentic and aged will be much appreciated.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The 16610 is a 30ish old watch.
So you don’t need to age it like you would a 5513

It’s not a true vintage. The gens in circulation are usually in very good condition

If you really want to, you can put the dial and hands in the oven to get a slight cream off white, and maybe give a very slight ghosting to the insert by bleaching it (just off black, but not grey)

But you just wear it and it will age with you

Raymond

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/8/24
The 16610 is a 30ish old watch.
So you don’t need to age it like you would a 5513

It’s not a true vintage. The gens in circulation are usually in very good condition

If you really want to, you can put the dial and hands in the oven to get a slight cream off white, and maybe give a very slight ghosting to the insert by bleaching it (just off black, but not grey)

But you just wear it and it will age with you
Thanks for the info , I thought is was a little older , next one will be the 5513. Is the case good or does it need any modifications to be more gen like? I am going to find a date wheel to go over the eta wheel any suggestions on that ?

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
The raffles dial is a maxi dial- ok for the 16610 LV 50th anniversary model. It looks like you got the dial that uses an eta movement without a DWO.
The case appears to have decent crown guards. The bezel insert could use a better pearl. The cyclops on the case also appears to be in the eta position.
Maybe Raffles has a DWO with bettter fonts with the numbers in the eta position- that would help. ETA fonts are a dead giveaway that your watch is a fake.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
I have never used a Raffles 16610 case either.

I think the Raffles case is made to fit a 28-29mm dial, so the dial selection is limited to the Raffles 16610 dial.

Also, the date position and cyclop position on the dial is for the 2824, so it is closer to the right

It is suited to early 16610s as there is no rehaut engraving and the lug holes are through.

Last edited:

Raymond

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/8/24
The raffles dial is a maxi dial- ok for the 16610 LV 50th anniversary model. It looks like you got the dial that uses an eta movement without a DWO.
The case appears to have decent crown guards. The bezel insert could use a better pearl. The cyclops on the case also appears to be in the eta position.
Maybe Raffles has a DWO with bettter fonts with the numbers in the eta position- that would help. ETA fonts are a dead giveaway that your watch is a fake.
Thanks will get on there website again tonight

Raymond

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/8/24
Rebuild raffles 16610 , my first build . I decided to take it apart again , ground the lugs down and polished them , buffed on top and bottom of the case lugs , installed new dial insert from raffles , one they sent the first time had the paint scratched off of the ring on the side of the crystal , also lined up the pearl directly or very close to it on the 12:00 clicks right in , polished the side of the case , from this point going to let it age naturally unless I decide to sell it , overall came out really great for my first build . The eta 2824 keeps perfect time matched to my cell phone time .enjoy the photos , please let me know your comments so I can modify more if need .

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
If you can take them apart and put them back together then you are going to have a lot of fun in this hobby. Next you could order something like a Milk 1680 case, get a decent dial from someone like Yuki for $100. Put an ETA into it etc. But the raffles stuff is definatly a good starting point though.

Reactions: Raymond

Raymond

Known Member
Patron
Certified
12/8/24
If you can take them apart and put them back together then you are going to have a lot of fun in this hobby. Next you could order something like a Milk 1680 case, get a decent dial from someone like Yuki for $100. Put an ETA into it etc. But the raffles stuff is definatly a good starting point though.
I have a 5513 build from raffles next on the table be a while before I tackle it , when I get straight on cash , going to get a case with serial numbers and reference numbers so I can put a gem movement in eventually , I love this forum wealth of info here . Can I get Yuki info please ?
Thanks for your feedback