• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Polaris models from ZF/BLS-F

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England
I was browsing a website of a non-TD I’ve used before, and under their ‘what’s new’ they have four colour options for the Polaris, along with videos of each. In the videos they don't touch the top crown, so I’m unsure if the inner dive bezel functions in the same way as the gen.

I’ve never seen any mention of a factory like ZF making a Polaris before, so thought it worth mentioning here. As far as I can see from the site, BLS-F don’t make any other watch, so I’m intrigued if anybody knows what the connection with ZF is?

A watch I’d love a rep for, is the new Polaris Chronograph, which I never thought would happen. These new models are keeping the dream alive 😅.

Reactions: memox and JLCgeo

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England
Based on the lack of replies I can see there’s not much interest in this release, but I took a punt on the green one. I received these QC photos today, bear in mind I don’t have the best eye for details or the highest standards if I’m being honest with myself 😅.

The one thing I’m a bit worried about is how tight the ‘Swiss Made’ is to the 6 o’clock marker, but I don’t think it’s something that will bother me when on the wrist.

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
Not bad! Great looking watch in my opinion.
How does it compare sizewise with GEN, particularly thickness?

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England
Not bad! Great looking watch in my opinion.
How does it compare sizewise with GEN, particularly thickness?
I do really like the green lacquered dial, quite excited to see it first hand.

The gen is 42x13.9mm, this is listed as being 14.5mm thick so they've got pretty close.

Reactions: APjumbo and Jossé

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
How is the quality of this one? How much are they?

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
2 factories
Bls and csf
Bls cheaper

Is OPs from CSF or BLS? I recently had a bad experience with BLS. I ordered the Breitling Kelly Slater Edition Superocean. Beautiful rep, quite well made, but it arrived with obvious scratches on several of the indices - none of which were visible in QC photos. Making matters worse, BLS refused to supply a replacement dial, even when I offered to pay!

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England
Is OPs from CSF or BLS? I recently had a bad experience with BLS. I ordered the Breitling Kelly Slater Edition Superocean. Beautiful rep, quite well made, but it arrived with obvious scratches on several of the indices - none of which were visible in QC photos. Making matters worse, BLS refused to supply a replacement dial, even when I offered to pay!
It’s listed as a ZF/BLS watch, so BLS are definitely involved. On mine I’ve not noticed any scratches to indices or the dial

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England
Interesting watch, the gen is a stunner, this one looks so close to it
I’ve just posted a photo of how mine looks in hand. Overall I’m liking the watch, but I’m not a big fan of the deployment buckle, it seems a bit too fiddly. The actual rubber strap itself is very comfy

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas