• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO Problem: Smudge/Flaw in Crystal

threeputtbogey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/13
Just got my v5 PO (clear back) with ETA movement new from a reputable dealer and noticed a smudge/flaw/imperfection in the crystal.

I think its on the outside and probably a problem in the application of the AR coating. Am I being nit picky or should I contact the seller?

Took some pictures as best I could.

sam0497q.jpg

sam0501dr.jpg

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Can't see it. But if you're expecting gen perfection from a rep, you're in for a bad time.

threeputtbogey

7/6/13
Can't see it. But if you're expecting gen perfection from a rep, you're in for a bad time.

In the second picture, the second hand is pointing to it.

Of course I don't expect perfection. I am asking if this is normal.
I know it doesn't have gen parts but I do expect some things to be correct and a clear crystal is one of them.

Tagster

22/6/10
Is it around the 11 hour marker right??

I think, it should be the AR coat. My suggestion is to get in touch with Sunnydale and ask him if he still has one of his amazing crystals in order to replace that one on your rep.

I believe you´ll be happier and it would be easier to get in touch with the dealer, send the watch back and wait for a replacement.

Cheers!!

firesuite

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/12
Los Angeles
If you cannot wipe it off, maybe its on the inside, I had one once, popped out the movement and wiped the inside of the crystal and it was gone, just a thought.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I can see it. Its om the outside AR.

If i were you i wouldnt even think about sending it back for that. Believe you will get a few more smugs like that soon or later.

The pearl is awesome!

threeputtbogey

7/6/13
I can see it. Its om the outside AR.

If i were you i wouldnt even think about sending it back for that. Believe you will get a few more smugs like that soon or later.

The pearl is awesome!

That's why I can't really complain. Its absolutely perfect minus that and it is so hard to see its not really worth it.

This is my first rep so I don't know. My gen speedy has a SS band and it's super smooth around the edges. But the truth is, I got it used.

My new PO rep feels a more rough around the edges. Is that just because it's new and will it become softer with use? Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is there a solution?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta