• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO on the way...well not quite ;)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Spotted these on hontwatch section...now I'm not for a second saying these are the new PO or even are accurate..they used the old case and they are not a noob release. But they have improved things a little...we are going in the right direction :D ...They've managed to put a non-happy feet logo in another PO besides the 5th gen ;)

omegaseamaster42mmceramicbezel-8.jpg

omegaseamaster42mmceramicbezel-1.jpg

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
Hello,

but no glas caseback, the pearl.....time to wait for the real one ;)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It's not really the real release, otherwise we would be very disappointed I'd imagine, It's just a copy release from a random factory but this one turned out not too terrible and at least we are going in the right direction, it's an improvement to the other happy feet ceramic/LM releases and has a reasonable looking dial. I think if the dial was relumed it would make a nice 5th gen type franken project.

Some of the LiquidMetal ones (believe Limited edition) had no glass case back as seen on these pictures

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/omega-planet-ocean-liquidmetal-limited-edition-417308

Yep that's right TheCold, it is a copy of the LM limited edition rather than the new ceramic. Apparently when the new PO 8500 reps come out the factories are supposed to be releasing a version of these LM along with the ceramic, but that's just speculation at the moment.
The ceramic should hopefully be out in a couple of months, although we did say that a month ago :)

============================================================================

Edit: Just for the record, I posted this on another forum and immediately had someone come on (no big deal) and try to pick apart the flaws on it....there's no point, it has many flaws! ...but it is still a nice watch. And a few people here like to mod PO's and this could well be an interesting candidate for that. At same time it probably would be best to wait for the 'proper' new releases. This one just might be interesting to someone who wants to buy a new PO 5th gen and do some modding to something different.

Quote from other forum!
I didn't mean this one to be torn apart and dissected, I'd definitely isn't a ceramic PO rep, and it is the limited ed LM rep...and flawed. And compared to the happy feet editions of that recently this dial is an actual improvement, so we are at least heading in the right direction. This one would actually make a nice project for a 5th gen PO modder as it is in a 5th gen case with a nice dial, ...i.e. a relume of this dial/hands and an old bezel insert and it would be a nice watch in itself. It's not accurate to gens, but when did that ever decide what is a nice watch!
winkCA3D11ZE.gif

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
That's is not bad looking at all considering how long it has taken to get where we are now with the 5GPO at least they are not going backwards.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
POJ aka Jeff Dubya....has the GEN aka POJ Planet Ocean Jeff fyi..

SHOW IT MOFO

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:D ;) I love Jeffs ceramics, they are the coolest!

A few people on WUS did POs mods where they took those LM and diamond PO model dials separately and put it in the standard PO, like this:

PO3.JPG

The LM and diamond bezel PO gen dials are extremely expensive e.g. around $600ish+,
They look pretty cool. Take the dials on those hont releases and relume them blue lume and stick them in a 5th gen case(already in one) ...change that bezel insert and it makes a nice custom PO beater, something a little different, these watch are not gonna be for the accuracy guys but they would look nice :D

Then again I'm just thinking out loud :D

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Received the watch from Hont, it's lovely and slightly different than the PO 5th gen in the 5th gen caseset.
It needs some mods, the dial is spectacular, which is really what I bought it for. Slightly glossy black with great cut to logos and markers and the red lettering is cool. It has blue lume but not superlume, definitely needs a relume. The crystal has no AR so needs an AR job. The bezel isn't bad, but I don't like ceramic type bezels anyway (too shiny) and plan on replacing it with a 5thgen/modded or similar. The pearl is dead centre on these (oh the irony!) but is awful, I'm sure a mod would make it much better if you don't like the idea of standard black bezel. Althoghter with a blue relume of hand/dial, AR'd crystal, eta dw and bezel mod it will be an outstanding rep.

Smk0c.jpg

sbw9l.jpg

bnRkm.jpg

Iy2RM.jpg

LbOJn.jpg

epBTL.jpg

yirIo.jpg

cKaaK.jpg

By the way just to say, Hont is a great guy to deal with!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks for the feedback drbollocko, it sure does look nice!

I hope it will get better too...