• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PO Issue

zing

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/06
I got a very nice looking PO 42.5mm from Joshua today... unfortunately there is an issue with the dial.
I can send it back or get some new dials.

img1157bz7.jpg

Should I try and have this fixed by someone on the forum or local shop (if anyone knows any in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada)
How much does this usually cost?

Thanks

PS First time shooting a watch hope its not too bad

grebeck

8/6/06
Isn't that the new 6th edition with a marker at ~9:15? :). Email Josh, he will take care of you (send it back is what I mean, don't make things more complicated than they could be).

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
zing said:
I got a very nice looking PO 42.5mm from Joshua today... unfortunately there is an issue with the dial.
I can send it back or get some new dials.

img1157bz7.jpg

Should I try and have this fixed by someone on the forum or local shop (if anyone knows any in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada)
How much does this usually cost?

Thanks

PS First time shooting a watch hope its not too bad

It looks like the lume dot from the 3:00 position came off. That is not a very difficult fix. Talk to Joshua about this. I'm sure he will make good on this. It would probably be less expensive to have the dot glued back in place than to ship it back to Joshua.

zing

2/12/06
I am thinking that sending it back is the best since I don't know anyone locally who can do it. It is extremely well made a shame it has this one issue. :(

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Canadian customs?? I've heard can be a problem sometimes. You risked it once, now... again & then again coming back?? Bad decision in my opinion. :wink:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The repair is not a difficult one, take back off-remove stem-take movement out-reglue lume. If there is a watch repair person in your area it should not be hard for them. I always like to try and fix if I have the watch, just to avoid chance of customs again...good luck, it's a nice looking watch. :)

zing

2/12/06
I will try calling some watch shops in the area. I am just unsure what they will think of a rep... with an ETA movement too.

tzuwu

21/11/06
I had the same problem with my Po rep as well, but my was the 8'0 clock marker.
I contacted my dealer.. and he is going to send me a new dial, but meanwhile i had
a local watch repair person in phx,az to fix it, only took 5 mins and 5 dollars.
It didn't seem that hard for him to do, and he didn't mind working on reps.
good luck, but i think fixing it is easier than sending it back, and u'll be able to wear it
sooner...

zing

2/12/06
I guess I will send it back... no one local is interested in touching this.